“Needs some customer help training”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Longview
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was working nights checked in early ,OJ was watered down it was a fair spread if you like cereal,got to sleep fine but they put me in the last room up stairs thought that would be great...Not dumpster unloaded early woke me up then when they started cleaning rooms all there stuff is in the next room woke AGAIN.Clean small room but I was only there to sleep,next day was in a dead sleep when someone starts knocking on door,little old man said I need to move ,I was pissed I said what he said they needed to paint room ! Well why didn't they let me know that the night before???Yeah it needed some work, he didn't bring key and I called down since I was in PJ's the rude woman and front desk said well new room right near lobby I screamed then I am in PJ"S if you want me to move bring a key after I fell asleep again he brought the key up, that room stunk smokey , they really need to work on customer service not good not good at all!

Room Tip: it's on the interstate so ask for rooms away from it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
microtelinnsuites1, Webmaster at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Longview for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guests.

• Management was approached about the possibility of their doing periodic inspections of the facility to see to it that it is meeting the standards which we set for it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Longview. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Excellent desk staff with professional appearance and manners. Checkin was quick and easy. Room was clean, neat and bed/pillows very comfortable. Rate for room was very reasonable for a Friday night. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed May 22, 2013

the people working in Microtel were very helpful and accomidating.Nice and clean,very comfortable.Close to stores and gas and food establisments.I felt safe.The rooms were big and comfortable.
Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This room reminded me of a typical small cruise room. They successfully used mirrors to elongate the room behind the bed; the window had a window seat to which it gave that 'cabin' illusion. The bed was very comfortable, soft clean linens. Clean lobby. Efficient checkin. My only negative was that we were given the very first room downstairs by the lobby and breakfast bar. So naturally the next morning it was very loud in our room with the buzzing of conversations and clinking of breakfast ware outside our door. Again, very clean. We did get the correct NonSmoking as requested. They could use a towel upgrade but I would stay again. The pool looked nice; we just didn't have time this trip to try it out. Never found the casino. Joke.

Room Tip: If you are tired and want to sleep in, don't get in Room 120. Too loud with the morning hustle b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from May3-May 5th. When we arrived the front desk lady was very nice and assigned me a room with should have been non-smoking. As soon as I walked into the door it stunk like an ashtray. Apon further investigation I saw that we were assigned a smoking room which was not what I had reserved a month prior. A left the room to ask if we could change and was told the Hotel was booked and that was all they had availiable. With no other option because I reserved a nonrefundable room I asked for air freshener. It did not do much to help at all. After unloading our bags and going to dinner we returned to find roaches in the restroom. Due to the smoke smell and the thought of roaches crawing on us we didn't sleep great. Breakfast is from 6:30-9:30 we are early risers so we decided to get up and have some breakfast around 7am. When my husband went out to get it there was NOTHING out but a loaf of bread and a muffin. When he asked if it would be restocked he was told by the grump old man at the desk that there was no more and he only had a limited supply to work with. If your hotel is booked solid why on earth are you out of breakfast 30 minutes into it. Sounds to me like this management and the owners didn't plan well! Also apparently when you book a room that has a description of raised towlet and safety bar this is a handicap room.For someone who is not handicap I didn't know what the meaning of htis was. Normally they are very specificly marked "HANDICAP" this caused a HUGE safety issue for us. The shower would get water all over the floor causing it to be very slippery. We will not be returning to this place!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
microtelinnsuites1, Webmaster at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you had however unlikely may it be.

We have taken adequate steps to check and ensure that the overall amenities and a system to maintain the cleanliness of the rooms perfect before checking in a new guest and the concerned staffs have been given the required training.

The hotel staff has also been advised to ensure proper hospitality.

The rooms, amenities including the linen has been checked and changed and also all the points you have observed.

The catering section has been instructed to look into the quality and quantity of the stuff.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and promise a delightful experience.

Hotel Manager.