“Too much smoke”

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Coshocton, Ohio
“Too much smoke”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

What could have been an outstanding stay was spoiled by the ever-present smell of cigarette smoke. We had a non-smoking room, but could tell when our neighbors lit up. Otherwise, it was quiet and clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
microtelinnsuites1, Webmaster at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We are looking into your observations related to cigarette smoke and have taken adequate measures to avoid the same. You shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

Each room will be thoroughly checked before checking in a new guest.

We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've stayed in hotels like this before and was charged double. We only stayed one night and just needed the room for a place to sleep, so well worth the money for what we needed. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Rooms are small, and beds aren't the softest, however everything was clean, and that is important to me. I woke up at 6am to the sound of the neighbors shower, a little noisy but overall a very good deal! Will stay there again on our next trip to Longview.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Most of the reviews have it right. The rooms are clean and have a newer look to them. My only complaints were the roaches in the room, at least two different species. Not infested but still one is too many. The free breakfast was also lacking so we passed. Just some cereal and a few bagels. They did not even have juice. Luckily there is a Grandy's next door so we grabbed breakfast there but I had to pay for it when I had planned to eat breakfast for free.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks you for staying with the Microtel during your last visit.

We appreciate your review and shall definitely use it for improvement.

We are glad that you liked the rooms.

We have taken steps to get rid of any roach problem by proper pest control measures.

Also the breakfast has been improved.

We invite you to visit us again and see the difference.

Mississippi
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I always stop @ this Microtel when I come through Longview and need a place for the night, which is several times a year. The rooms are always clean and the staff is exceptional. I haven't had a bad experience yet!

• Stayed February 2012
Atlanta
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week while I was working in Longview. It was a typical out of town stay until the morning I checked out. I was using my E-reader the morning that I was checking out. It was odvious to me that I had left it there when I checked my briefcase for it about a hundred miles away. I called the hotel immediatly, and recieved luke warm concern. They said they would check, but did not return my call. 2 hours later I called and spoke to the same woman, and she said "oh yeah, we did'nt find it", I asked to speak with the owner/manager, she said he wasn't available. I called back today which is the next day, and have not heard from him after 9 hours. About 5 hours ago I contacted the Police. I have not heard from them either.
The hallways reek of Cannibus, loud talking, music, bad neighborhood.

Room Tip: Watch your valuables
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your feedback.

It is our aim to offer our guests a entirely satisfactory service at the Microtel.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the stay and we are very sorry for the inconvenience happened howsoever.

We took note of the subject matter and discussed with all concerned.

We sat together with the hotel staff team and discussed that issue that it won’t happen again.

We thank you very much for your helpful and reasonable criticism.

We hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.

Sincerely yours,
Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Longview hotels

Ogden, Utah
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We did a overnight stay on a trip to New Orleans. We have stayed at Microtels before and they are of course small in room size, however they are much brighter and look cleaner than some other chain hotels. Thier prices are resonable and we would stay there again. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple