“Ok but needs work”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Longview
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Most of the reviews have it right. The rooms are clean and have a newer look to them. My only complaints were the roaches in the room, at least two different species. Not infested but still one is too many. The free breakfast was also lacking so we passed. Just some cereal and a few bagels. They did not even have juice. Luckily there is a Grandy's next door so we grabbed breakfast there but I had to pay for it when I had planned to eat breakfast for free.

• Stayed: July 2012
microtelinnsuites1, Webmaster at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks you for staying with the Microtel during your last visit.

We appreciate your review and shall definitely use it for improvement.

We are glad that you liked the rooms.

We have taken steps to get rid of any roach problem by proper pest control measures.

Also the breakfast has been improved.

We invite you to visit us again and see the difference.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I always stop @ this Microtel when I come through Longview and need a place for the night, which is several times a year. The rooms are always clean and the staff is exceptional. I haven't had a bad experience yet!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week while I was working in Longview. It was a typical out of town stay until the morning I checked out. I was using my E-reader the morning that I was checking out. It was odvious to me that I had left it there when I checked my briefcase for it about a hundred miles away. I called the hotel immediatly, and recieved luke warm concern. They said they would check, but did not return my call. 2 hours later I called and spoke to the same woman, and she said "oh yeah, we did'nt find it", I asked to speak with the owner/manager, she said he wasn't available. I called back today which is the next day, and have not heard from him after 9 hours. About 5 hours ago I contacted the Police. I have not heard from them either.
The hallways reek of Cannibus, loud talking, music, bad neighborhood.

Room Tip: Watch your valuables
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your feedback.

It is our aim to offer our guests a entirely satisfactory service at the Microtel.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the stay and we are very sorry for the inconvenience happened howsoever.

We took note of the subject matter and discussed with all concerned.

We sat together with the hotel staff team and discussed that issue that it won’t happen again.

We thank you very much for your helpful and reasonable criticism.

We hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We did a overnight stay on a trip to New Orleans. We have stayed at Microtels before and they are of course small in room size, however they are much brighter and look cleaner than some other chain hotels. Thier prices are resonable and we would stay there again. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Clean rooms, but snotty night time ( female) desk clerk. Walls so thin you can hear people rolling over in bed in the next room... And the Breakfast What a joke... Steer clear of this one. I will not not go back to this one no matter how many time I come to Longview Texas. I would rather sleep in my truck.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Upon arrival this place looked great, just like online in this case, however, looks are deceiving. The furnishings are very nice, rooms are very spacious. The problem for me began when we walked in the room. It was musty and my nose and throat automatically started to bother me. It wasn't until we turned the air on that I realized the smell was smoke. Upon further inspection we realized that our non smoking room was right next to a smoking rooms and most of the rooms on the hallway were smoking.

At around 9:30 when we were trying to put our small children to sleep we hear loud coughing coming from the room next to us, not surprising due to the smoke problem. We also could hear their conversations through the paper thin walls. In the morning their "continental breakfast" was more like a "continental snack". They had cereal or bagels and that was the extent. They were out of milk and just when I thought maybe I'd just have a drink from their fancy cappuccino maker, it only produced regular coffee, and bad coffee at that. We ended up stopping on he way out of town for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

Your observation related to cigarette smoke has been taken seriously and have taken adequate measures to avoid the same.

You shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

Also we have improved the quality and quantity of the continental breakfast.

We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stay at this hotel each year for the Great Texas Balloon Race festivities. It has never disappointed! All rooms are inside, so security is good; lobby is well furnished and a good place to sit when waiting for the rest of the family to get ready for early morning trip to the airport for the hot air balloon show! We'll be back every year!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family