“Glad I Stayed at a Holiday Inn Express That Night”

Holiday Inn Express Longview
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Stayed here one night while on business. This hotel is very convenient for I-20 travelers, but it's a little drive into town. However, it is a great place to stay and if the rate or availability beats the in-town places.

The room was comfortable and everything worked well. The bathroom was clean with great hot water and pressure.

I arrived late and realized after getting to my room that I had forgotten some toiletries - the front desk clerk delivered some to my room! Later, when I was having problems with the Internet, the clerk made a return trip to try and help troubleshoot. This place has great customer service.

The breakfast was typical HI Express and good.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank toomuchtravel

Reviewed May 27, 2009

I have stayed at this property in the past and have experienced poor security and lack of customer service, especially from the GM. As a platinum member you would think that when you leave a message with the GM that they would have the courtesy to call you back, this one will not. Recently my travel company had booked this location by mistake; the GM did not return my calls and would not even consider a refund when my travel company finally reached the GM. She stated we have a 48 hr. cancellation policy and that’s it. I have stayed at this property many times and endured the lack of concern and the increasing disrepair of the property and will no longer stay here. I do enjoy the Priority Club but this place is not worth it. To bad it does have a nice location.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank team98
Reviewed July 2, 2008

The hotel itself is ok. What bothers me is that my vehicle has been broken into twice in two weeks. Filled out paperwork at the police dept but they dont really care about your lost items..the hotel staff, GM says there is nothing they can do about it...also, seems like every night someone comes up to me in the parking lot and asks for money...again, complained about it, but staff says there is nothing they can do. They wont even consider hiring security....I travel a lot on business, and I like my points at Holiday Inn, but I cant afford to stay somewhere that doesnt take security seriously.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2008

i I travel quite a bit in fact I’m a priority club platinum member and I can say with 100% certainty that this is without a doubt the worst service I have ever had in a hotel. For starters I had a room reserved and they changed my hotel rate without even calling me so upon arrival when I complained that they changed my rate without calling me or honoring it for the week and then changing it the very rude front desk “help” said that if I didn’t like it I could go stay at another hotel. That their general manager said it was ok to change a rate on someone without even notifying the customer. well they just lost my business and I won’t be referring anyone else I work with to stay there

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2008

front desk clerks not much you can say. guy checking in was ok but didnt give much info about anything and then checking out lady was rude. dont bother asking her nothing. i had two rooms and both rooms had a/c problems would be a good idea to put ceiling fans in. and the bathroom under the counter was dirty and floor tile was nasty. rooms where nothing like i expected from walking into the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2007

The recording that you hear when on hold with them states that this is the newest hotel in Longview. Perhaps so but I was told that it is over four years old and some renovation is to be done in the near future. Still nice enough. An average HIX. Rooms are large. I found the evening staff was very good.

The recording also implies that they are dedicated to customer service.

Unfortunately we lost a partularly valuable article. Had to travel the next day but received a voice mail from the GM that it had been found and would be sent out to us. We are grateful for the housekeeper who found it.

Tried to contact the GM the next day to learn if it would go out with FEDEX and just when. No response. GM was always out and staff knew nothing other than the article was in the GM's office.

Tried the following day. GM still out. Since this was an important matter, I asked if she had a cell phone and was told that she did not have one. Strange for a GM. Spoke with the desk agent later in the day. She did not know where the GM was but said that the GM had forgotten to send the FEDEX. GM was expected back at 9pm. I asked for a call back. No response.
Had been told that she would be in the next day.

Next day still no general manager. No return calls until we got a voice mail late in the day saying that it had been sent. No advice on what day it had been sent or a tracking number which I had asked for. Finally the article arrived five days after all of this started.

Hotel is OK but I would be reluctant to stay in a property where the general manager is totally non-responsive for three and one half days.

T

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed October 28, 2007

Great hotel....good breakfast...clean room....very secure
Cassidy at front desk was excellent!!!
I recommend this hotel