“Best Italian food in Longview-service is an issue”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Carino's Italian Grill - CLOSED

Carino's Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Waitstaff
“Best Italian food in Longview-service is an issue”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

As a Longview resident this is my preferred Italian restaurant simply due to the superior food when compared to Olive Garden, but service is an issue about 75% of the time. The best results I have had is when sitting in the bar area. Also wine down Wednesdays is a great promotion with 1/2 price wine bottles.

• Visited June 2013

Longview, Texas
“Tasty italian food”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We always enjoy our food here. We've never ordered a menu item we didn't like. Restaurant is peaceful & relaxing. Service is a little slow, so I can understand how it could get frustrating if you had kids with you.

Visited May 2013
“Good service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We had 15 people at our table, our waitress was very good and attentive, this was my first time eating at Carinos and I wasn't impressed, the food to me wasn't very good, I much prefer Olive Garden to Carinos

Visited April 2013
Longview, Texas
“I try to like it...”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've been to this location a few times, but the service is always super slow. That's a real bummer when you have kids with you (I did twice) or co-workers and you're trying to have a work lunch. The food is just alright, otherwise, the slow pace would be more tolerable. The salads are good, but the marsala I had was swimming in butter...I like butter a lot, but this was over the top.

• Visited February 2013
Nacogdoches, TX
“A very good restaurant with some minor service issues”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have eaten at several Johnny Carino's restaurants around Texas and have found all of them to be very good. Consistent from one to the next. For some reason, this time things were a bit below par. The Calamari appetizer was great, once it came to the table. Our server was very nice, but seemed to have too many tables to take care of. The salads were delivered promptly, before the appetizer, but the main course was a bit slow in being served. All-in-all, a pleasant experience, but definitely there was room for improvement.

• Visited January 2013