“Downtown Treasure”
Review of Lil Thai House

Lil Thai House
Ranked #5 of 228 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Thai
Description: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/202/1423057/restaurant/Lil-Thai-House-Longview
Longview, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Downtown Treasure”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Fantastic every time I go. Can't believe Longview has an authentic Thai restaurant! Food is prepared fresh once you order and the wait is always worth it.

Visited December 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have been here many times. For the size of the place, and what they have to work with ( the kitchen ), They do a wonderful job. Great authentic Thai food. But be warned, they may bring out one or two of your parties food, then another one, and a while later, the fourth! LOL But we dont mind because the food is that good! Good people, putting out great Thai food, living the American dream. Will keep going back!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mur018
Jefferson, Texas
“Good Hole-In-The Wall Thai”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

When my wife and I travel away from home, a Thai restaurant is usually on the to-do list simply because there are none close to home. The "sorta" new one within 30 miles counts as the closest and it's a step up on some we've frequented elsewhere.

Just a tiny little place in downtown Longview - 9 or 10 tables - it's mainly open for lunch and on a few evenings, for supper as well.

Tom Kha Gai soup was "excellent" (my wife's opinion) or "okay" (my opinion) depending upon your personal tastes. To me, it lacked a bit more of the sweet coconut milk that balances so well with the spicy-hot. My wife loved it this way, but then she considers napalm just a bit tangy.....

I've had the Peanut sauce stir-fry this visit - good flavor but a skosh light on bird. I've had the pad Thai as well and it's a solid dish - from comments of my table-mates on three visits, "solid" is a fair assessment of a variety of dishes.

I've never been here at a super-busy time, but the wait has never been one I really noticed. It's a tiny eatery and family-owned - the Mrs. is on the line in the kitchen while Sir handles the register, takes orders at the counter and delivers much of the steaming-good food.

• Visited October 2012
Fairfield, Texas
“I would wait forever for their Tom Kha Gai and Panang Curry!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just relocated to Longview and Lil Thai House is a welcome surprise. Tiny, charming downtown location (right around the corner from our offices and our loft, yes, lofts in downtown Longview). Young couple who own it are very nice too, she is Thai and her cooking is authentic. Obviously the person who made the comments about the smell and taste has never eaten real Thai food before. The waft lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves etc...is heaven to my nose. They fresh brew their Thai iced tea too. This is a modern mom and pop endeavor and you do have to wait because everything is made to order. Trust me, its worth it! The menu at first glance looks expensive but portions are generous (I had to take leftovers) and you can see all the fresh vegetables in bins behind the cooking area. LOVE!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank feedmefarms
Mineola, New York
“Great Thai Food, worth the long wait!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Like most people, I would give this place 5 stars except that the wait is extremely long. Is it worth it? Absolutely, however I would strongly suggest not getting it as a last minute decision on food. Order it a minimum of 45 to and hour ahead of time and go pick it up as well.

My boyfriend had never tried Thai food before and now loves it after I suggested this place. We had gotten the Drunken Rice (spicy) and the Pad Thai. I liked the Drunken Rice better, he liked both a lot. Next time I'd definitely like to try the Drunken Noodle.

Not really a cheap, quick meal, but you will be very satisfied after you finish your food!

Visited July 2012