“Wonderful food! Service...ehhh....”
Review of Lil Thai House

Lil Thai House
Ranked #6 of 239 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Thai
Description: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/202/1423057/restaurant/Lil-Thai-House-Longview
Reviewed August 3, 2012

After reading some of the reviews of Lil Thai House on both Trip Advisor and Urban Spoon, I decided to give it a try. My friend and I arrived at 11 am on a Friday for lunch. A young man was coming out the front door and said, "They aren't open yet." He locked the door behind him, so we realized he was an employee. When they opened, we went inside and placed our order - one panang curry with pork, and one pad thai with pork. We were expecting a long wait for our food (based on some of the reviews), but we were the first people there and our food came out within ten minutes. It was DELICIOUS! We both ordered water to drink, and no one ever came to refill our beverages during the meal. I would give their food a 10 out of 10, but the service we experienced was not on par with the food. Will definitely go back - and may stick to takeout so I can have plenty on hand to drink!

Other info - they have two tables outside on the sidewalk, and about eight or ten tables in their dining area. Not a big place, so definitely go during off-peak meal times. By the time we left, shortly before noon, the line was LONG. Limited hours, so be sure they are open before you go.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Lil Thai House has great Pad Thai. The green curry is also wonderful with mini egg plants in it. But don't go if you are in a hurry. They are always packed to the walls and it has taken an HOUR at least once for us to get our food.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Finding a Thai restaurant in Longview (pop ~50,000) was surprising. Finding one of this quality was mind-blowing. The selection is limited to the fresh ingredients on hand and the menu varies based on the availability of what's in stock. The peanut sauces are all terrific. The pad thai was very good, tasty with crisp noodles. Outdoor seating is available but don't bother using it between May and September - in East Texas, you'll roast.

Highly recommended you try this place at least once.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

My husband and I both love this resturaunt. It does take some time to get your food, but only because they prepare everything very fresh. We both think it's some of the best food in Longview. Try the drunken fried rice and/or pad thai. It's delicious!!

Reviewed January 2, 2012

AWFUL! My boyfriend had heard amazing things about this place so we went and tried it. We waited over 45 minutes for our Chicken Pad Thai and Coconut Soup. Terrible, but the smell in this closet sized restaurant made it ten times worse. We just assumed the people must smell this bad. It was a mix of sweaty old feet, dirty laundry, and dirty armpits. Gosh. Once we got our food, we asked for medium spicy but it was almost unbearably hot. With one bite, we also discovered where the smell was coming from. It was the food. Getting through the unbearable spicy, we could basically taste dirty old socks. It was an awful mixture. I would never recommend this restaurant. I love Thai food and this was the worst experience I've ever had. DON'T GO, head away to Little Mexico or ANYTHING else in that town.

2  Thank krl359

Been to Lil Thai House? Share your experiences!