Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview
Staybridge.com
$81
$76
BestWestern.com
All reviewsexcellent locationthe young ladycomfortable bedsa great place to stayrebeccacondimentstexassmokingchannels
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed for 7 nights and had a great time. Very friendly staff, good rates, spacious rooms. And we personally loved it that we did not have housekeeping knocking on the door every day. But all we needed was available at the reception. A small defunct in the bathroom was taken care of within 5 minutes after calling the desk. The hotel is very close to restaurants and Wallmart.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BramDutch
EileenP368, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

As the new General Manager of the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview, Texas would like to thank you for you past review on Trip Advisor and welcome you to come back to stay at our award winning property!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

The hotel was excellent. Nice friendly staff and very helpful. I would stay at this hotel again. Very clean and spacious rooms.

Room Tip: I prefer higher rooms. My room was on the second floor which was great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MARLING4

Reviewed June 13, 2012

After comparing prices and accomodations of all the hotels in Longview, I decided to pass up the more well known hotels and take a chance on the lower priced Suburban. I'm so glad I did as this will now be the only place I stay when I return to visit friends in that area. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable with a complete mini-kitchen. You can move right in and feel at home for a night or a week. The staff was so incredibly helpful and genuinely friendly that they create a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. The hotel is located right on the loop near any shopping, dining or entertainment you could want. When I first entered my room and looked out the window, I discovered a family barbeque taking place at the pool below. To my surprise, I never heard a bit of the noise I was sure they were making! It is one of the most quiet hotels I have ever stayed in. The only negative comments I have are regarding the easy chair in the room...not very comfortable to lounge in while watching TV and the smell of the room. I am a smoker and so reserved a smoking room, so a bit of odor is to be expected. I would suggest that the hotel cleaning staff be equipped with Febreeze to spray on the fabrics to help ease the strong odor after each smoking guest. It really works! I highly reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in the Longview area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Shelley R

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We used our Memorial day weekend to finish cleaning out our family home in Oklahoma City. The comfortable bed was a welcome relief after a day and a half of loading and unloading heavy furniture and precious memories. But what really impressed me was the initial appearance of the hotel; fresh paint, no foul smells, bright and comfy lobby. Our room was very comfortable and CLEAN. I have stayed in other extended stay hotels and I have never been in one so clean and pretty. Jonnye was the first person I saw and she was very nice and professional in directing us around the hotel. The staff always greeted the guests with a smile and I was very impressed with their genuine concern for their customers satifaction, something I did not experience with the other extended stay hotels I have used.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura B

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I travel to Longview on business every week and I'm so glad I found this hotel. The staff is very friendly, they always offer a smile and help with anything I may need. The location is great, close to nice restaurants, shopping and movies. The room is comfortable, spacious, and the mini kitchen is very nice. The bed is very comfortable. A very nice attribute is the quiet! There is no noise whatsoever, I can't hear road noise or cars. A big improvement from my previous location. The free wifi internet access is great, no problems so far.

There to two things I would improve on: The table and chairs aren't very accommodating or comfortable for laptop work. I spend 3-4 hours a night working, and the chairs aren't quiet up to snuff for comfort. Also, if I want to lay down and relax in the bathtub, they are a bit short, and I am only 5'7" tall. But for the price I pay for the room, I can overlook these shortcomings. I'll keep coming back each week!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business