“Wonderful place to stay in Longview Texas”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed 6 nights at the Longview Texas location. The staff was very professional and friendly. The special attention that was given to my 2 dogs was beyond any other hotels that I have ever stayed at. My little Sadie could not pass the front without Dorothy giving her a hug! The hotel was very clean, inside and out. My room was just what I was looking for with extended stay. Again the staff and accomadtions were excellent! Looking forward to another stay soon. Thanks to everyone!!! Suzanne , Dakota, Sadie

• Stayed: April 2012
EileenP368, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

As the new General Manager of the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview, Texas would like to thank you for you past review on Trip Advisor and welcome you to come back to stay at our award winning property!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was new and clean. Size of room was a bit larger than normal, and had a full kitchen with fridge and microwave. They did not have bed service or new towels each day (I could have picked up new towels if I had wanted to), or a continental breakfast each morning, which I guess helps keeps the cost down. I didn't miss it. Nice free cook-out Tuesday night. Nice location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 1, 2012

i've been working in longview for 4 months, and have stay at other hotels, but none compare to the customer service,location,or the quality of the rooms, for the price. I will stay here whenever I have to work in longview. I look forward to my stays here. when you travel as much as I do for work and can't be at home much, its nice to feel like you're home. A big thank you to the staff at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Archie C

Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

TheyIve been staying at several locations in the area for work. I have to say the very best thing about this location is the customer service. Thet go the extra mile to accomodate you in every way possible. Thank you guys!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Kdavispn

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I would like to first off say that I travel to the Longview area a lot. I come to see friends in the area and have been to many hotels. I stayed there a couple days back and LOVED the look of the hotel. I am a Choice Hotels Member and have stayed at a lot of Suburban Extended Stays, but this one in particular by far is the best! The offer spacious rooms with high ceilings, a wonderful in hotel snack shop and the wonderful outdoor pool! My husband and I will continue to stay at this hotel! Thomas was such a doll and he assisted us with everything that we asked for. He told us about the room before we went into it and everything we needed was right there for us.

Thank you Suburban Longview Staff!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank World_Traveler860

Reviewed April 19, 2012

stayed a week end at this hotel and it was very nice from the staff to the room it is very affordable for a hotel room with a stove fridge and microwave there are no bad points on this hotel it is new in 2012 and close to all stores

Room Tip: best stay in longview
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chris k

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel provided better service than expected for a $75.00 rate. Having just left a Candlewood Suite stay (while traveling) with an immaculate hotel but horrible management, it was refreshing to find the same ammenities with FABULOUS service. I even booked this at the last minute and wasn't sure I'd make it, but Thomas was overly accomodating in assisting me and assuring me he'd have a room for me if needed. Then, on my way, I wanted to find a particular restaraunt but found my GPS failing. I called Suburban and a most friendly representative (I think Erica) patiently helped me find a place to eat.

I cannot say the hotel was as immaculately clean or had as many perks in-room (such as pots, pans, dishes, etc) as the Candlewood; but I also had to pay $140.00 a night at Candlewood and certainly deserved a spotless room. I'd prefer, though, a decently clean hotel with a stress-free experience versus the cleanest of clean and having to deal with less-than-favorable (and that's being nice) management.

Longview is already a great place to stay; and Suburban is the newest icing on the cake!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family