“GREAT VALUE!!”

Dining options: Late Night
Dallas, Texas
“GREAT VALUE!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had been going to Cheddars for a long time here in Longview. We quit going for awhile because they seemed to have went down hill pretty bad. But they now have a new GM. And they now ROCK again. You just cant beat the value. You get so much fresh food for the money. The service is much better, actually great now. And the food! Great! One thing we always liked about Cheddars is the cost of there drinks. You don't get hosed like so many other places in town. We will be back a lot now!!

• Visited May 2014

Longview, Texas
“Be careful....”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restaurant continually gets bad rating from the city of Longview health department! Check the rating on the wall before you eat.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank retiredandlivinglife
msp
“Incredibly Awful”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Wait times were average for a Saturday evening - several items on the menu weren't available, so we decided on drinks only - just see the bartender - LITERALLY watering down a $7 shot of tequila. When approached about it - denied and we were looking right at her - disappointing to say the least. The wait staff didn't seem happy and terribly overworked - will never return again.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank msptmg
Fort Worth, TX
“Great service, great drinks, good food”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our service was simply outstanding. The house margaritas are really good. The queso and chips are good, french fries were good, and the Monte Cristo sandwiches were good, but a bit on the cold side. The room-temperature of the Monte Cristos is the only complaint we could have.

The details for those who are interested:

My wife ordered a mixed drink; it was "ok" and fairly bland, but it packed a wallop! I ordered a sangria swirl margarita, and it was good. Then, we shared a house margarita: bingo! Stick with the house margarita, they are definitely worthy, especially on happy hour. We found the drink prices to be very good, even without happy hour.

The queso, salsa and chips were good. Our waiter brought out a second batch of chips for us, which surprised us. Great service.

The Monte Cristo sandwiches came out, and my wife and I started eating our fries first, thinking that the sandwiches would be so hot, they would be untouchable. Whoops, our mistake. After eating a few fries, my wife picks her sandwich up, and says it's not hot. As a matter of fact, they were just barely warm.

Had the sandwiches been one degree colder, I would have sent them back. They were just barely on the fence. They might have been OK temperature wise, had we eaten them right away. The last time we had Monte Cristos (about two years ago) they were so hot you couldn't touch them for 10 minutes. That is how I want my food served.

I like my food served to me while hot. It seems that they had the sandwiches done first, then waited for the fries to finish being cooked before serving them to us. I can only guess, and this is my only complaint.

• Visited December 2013
Thank John and Desire... C
Carthage
“Gave it another try”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We went to Cheddar's when they first opened years ago. It was really good. Then we went in and my husband ordered the same meal that he had before but the portion of the salmon was very small and he had ordered a double. The manager at the time brought back his plate, slammed it on the table and proceeded to tell my husband he had never had a larger portion than that! Needless to say we did not eat (lost our appetite). Waitress said we didn't have to pay but we never leave with out paying! So he put $20 down and we walked out. Found out later that they had shut down for a while. So after a couple of years we tried it again. Went yesterday for the 2nd time back. It was really good. Glad to see that they got new management and are doing a better job.

• Visited November 2013