“Nice Stay but Old Hotel”

Comfort Suites Longview
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Houston
“Nice Stay but Old Hotel”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here because of the extra people in our party. The Hotel is quite old with dated furnishings and the elevator has a terribly musty smell. The stopper for the tub was broken and we had to work to keep the water in the tub. Nice indoor swimming pool and breakfast. The staff was wonderful and friendly but my major complaint is that the hotel placed an extra charge of $50.00 on my card without informing me. I read the initial paperwork and what stood out most was the no pets policy but I was never informed of the extra charge.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dormetra
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Dormetra,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your kind words for my staff. I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered while you were our guest. I am especially sorry that you were not informed of the incidentals authorization that you saw on your card. It is not an actual charge and has most likely already been removed from your account. I have addressed this with my front desk staff to ensure that they are properly explaining this procedure to our guests. I do hope that if you find yourself back in Longview, you will offer us another opportunity to change your mind.

Carla L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Belton, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked a room for two days; cost 256.00 which they pended this amount on my bank:. This was Thursday night and I decided that evening after sitting outside on one of the benches (which was the smoking area) the sprinkler system came on and we had to run! lol I guess that was OK, no big deal but what I got upset about was prior to that I asked the front desk manager where the smoking area was located and he informed me and the rest of my party where it was but failed to mention that the sprinklers would be coming on!! So I checked out Friday morning and they charged my card 153.00 for the one night after already charging it 256.00 for two nights. So here it is Monday and all that money is still pending and unavailable to me. I have stayed at many very nice hotels in my life and they do not do this (maybe a 50.00 hold) and then when you check out they will charge you. So my advice...use cash!! There was one nice thing about this hotel and it was the very nice lady making the breakfast, she was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Cpx1,
Thank you so much for your review. I'm terribly sorry that you had a negative experience at my hotel. Guest satisfaction is our top priority. Please know that you have not been charged twice for your stay. When we ran your card the first time your bank authorized the amount of your full stay. When you shortened your stay to just one night, we ran your card for the actual amount of $153.00. The $256.00 was never charged and is pending but will fall off in a few days. To speed up the process you can have your bank call us, and we can verify with them to drop the authorization. Once again I'm very sorry this happened but hope if you find yourself in the area again, you will allow us another opportunity to impress you.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were sent here by the hotel next door, which was full, and found that their rates were much better. The room was a nice, mid-level hotel room. It had all the amenities, and was perfectly comfortable. What made the stay particularly pleasant was the receptionist, Brittany. She was cheerful and had a sense of humor, patiently looked up our preferred customer account since we didn't have our card, and was generally a delight to work with. She didn't find our account, so opened another, and was able to give us a much better rate than the hotel next door. After we got to our room, she called to see if it was as we expected. Nice people make a huge difference!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cheryln52
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Cheryln52,
We appreciate your feedback of the Comfort Suites Longview. I'm so happy that Brittany was able to make your stay memorable. I'll be sure to pass along your comments to her. Please come back and see us soon!

Kind thanks,
Guthrie, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were on our way home from Cruise the Coast in Biloxi. The young lady checking us in was so excited to see our classic cars! She was so friendly and helpful. I would definately stay again just to have such a friendly host. The hotel is a little dated but it was clean. It was located by several good restaurants, we walked across the street to The Outback for dinner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Mscruzer55,
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Longview. I'm so glad to hear that my staff's friendliness made your stay memorable. We appreciate your business, and look forward to your next stay.

Tyler, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2013

and I have stayed in a LOT of them..............everyone went out of their way to smile and offer to help where I would never expect...........I have stayed 3 times this year...........food was great, and every single employee was happy and helpful and seemed to enjoy their work environment which is very rare......wish all were like this

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear CathieElizabeth,
Thank you for staying with us at the Longview Comfort Suites. We appreciate the time you spent writing such a glowing review about our hotel and sharing it with the TripAdvisor community! It is so good to receive positive feedback. I have shared your kind comments with my staff and they join me in thanking you! We can’t wait to provide you with the same excellent service the next time you are in Longview!

Kind thanks,
Longview, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Enjoyed my stay. The bed was very comforting, the staff was friendly and courteous, and it was very peaceful. Great rates. Rooms had adequate pillows and covers. Plenty of towels were provided, and we didn't have to ask for extra as usual. The area was convenient to shopping, food, and gas stations.

• Stayed September 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Maritawhite,
Thank you so much for the 5 star review and kind words about our staff. We value your feedback and will share it with our team. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and provide an exceptional experience for our guests. I'm glad to see that shows through to our guests. We hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Mike Womack
Front Desk Supervisor
903-663-4991
Ore City, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in the Comfort Suites in Longview this past weekend with a reunion. They were kind, and so very helpful. Our room was clean, and they were ready to handle any issue we might have. Our sheet kept popping off of the bed, and they happily came, and was eager to change it. They were always asking if we needed anything. They gave our group the breakfast room for the 3 days we were there. Mimi, who headed up and arranged our reunion was awesome. When we got there she gave me a tour of the hotel, and showed us everything. On Fri. she brought extra chairs and tables for us. She is one sweet lady; Nokia, at the front desk was so kind and helpful, and took pictures of our group when we asked her. Thank you, to Monica, and Katrina, for our clean rooms and clean hotel. I know there were many other helpful people whose names that I didn't get. The man at the desk in the evening was equally helpful Thank you, Comfort Suites for our wonderful experience. We will use this hotel again for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cathy M,
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback regarding your stay at the Longview Comfort Suites! We very much enjoyed helping you host your family reunion and I am so glad it was such a success. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and outstanding service the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,