“Comfy stay on a one night retreat!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Longview

Comfort Suites Longview
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Hurst, Texas
“Comfy stay on a one night retreat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We were down this way last weekend for the balloon race in Longview, and stayed here for the night. The room was very nice, very clean, and the breakfast in the morning was very good too! Only give a 3 on location because it was a little ways from our primary destination the balloon race, which isn't the hotels fault, just our particular situation.

Very comfortable stay for a single night away from home. Would definitely return if we were ever nearby again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mike w, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your trip to Longview for the Balloon Race! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a positive response on TripAdvisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the service we provide and are glad you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Midwest City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

From check in through check out our experience was first rate. Longview was a stop over on our way to family reunion. My son in law made the reservations. The grandchildren enjoyed the pool and the adults enjoyed both the pool and hot tub. The breakfast was good but the best part was the enthusiastic, helpful attendant. We will not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms are very quiet. We heard no footsteps overhead, nor noise from adjourning rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites in Longview! We appreciate the time you spent writing your thoughts about our quiet rooms, indoor pool, and friendly staff. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. I have shared your kind words with my staff and they join me in thanking you for staying with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip into Longview!
Dayton, Tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

On Friday, June 14, 2013, my son and I were traveling to Longview to help my daughter move to a new apartment. I had reserved a Double Queen suite. When we arrived and checked in, the desk clerk told us we had a choice of having a room on the first floor or and upper floor. We chose the first floor and went to our room. When we got there, the room was a King. I went back to the desk and told the clerk that I had reserved a Double Queen. She looked up my reservation and said that there must have been a mix up with the reservation and there were no more Queens available. I told her that we needed two beds because I was traveling with my grown son. She said she would check with her manager and let me know what they could do.
My son and I had to go meet my daughter at her apartment and told the clerk that we would return around midnight. When we got back there were two different clerks at the desk. I asked them if they had gotten us another room and they said that there were not any available. I told her again that I had reserved a Double Queen and she replied "There is a pullout in the room."
By that time, I was too tired to argue, so we went to the room to sleep. The King bed was big enough for both of us and was fairly comfortable, but the point is, I had reserved two beds and that is not what I received. The clerks did not even seem too concerned.
The next morning, when I checked out, I asked the clerk if I was not going to be charged for the room. She replied, "No, we are charging your card." I paid the bill, but I am not satisfied with the customer service that I received. I have stayed at other hotels in that town and never had that kind of service. This hotel was about $25 per night cheaper but I will go to the Hampton Inn next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sueDayton_Tx
LongviewCS_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello Sue,
As the General Manager of the Comfort Suites I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you had a negative experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve. I want to assure you that I have addressed these issues with our front desk staff to ensure situations like this don’t occur again in the future. I hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Comfort Suites another try next time you are in
Longview.

Sincerely, Carla Levingston General Manager
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

we traveled from San Diego to Orlando FLA and back. We spent 14 days at hotels, all of them Choice Hotels. From points we earned as members, we did not have to pay for a room in any of the cities we stopped. That was wonderful. We stayed in Quality, Clarion and Sleep in, all fine, but Comfort Inns are the best. Always top of the line rooms and service. We especially enjoyed the nights we stayed at Comfort Inns.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJ1949
mike w, Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Denison, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times. The breakfast is typical of most hotels in the budget range not very good Panera Bread next door made that a moot point unless you need a free breakfast. The bed was absolutely wonderful. Could be a little on the soft side for some but just like Goldielocks it was just right for me. The curtains let too much light in around the edges making the room quite light. It is tucked in behind Panera Bread, on the loop, and Fairfield Inn on 4th street. Price is ok for a business traveler. In the same immediate area is Wyngate, Surburban, La Quinta, and of course Fairfield Inn. Best bet longterm, the pet-friendly Surburban.

Room Tip: Heat/A/C worked well except thermostat had to be set very low (60-64F) to get it cool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mike w, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel regarding breakfast and the blackout curtains in your suite and I want to assure you that these issues are being addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Longview Comfort Suites again next time you find yourself in the area.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times and I have to say this time there was a notable difference from the reception, the cleanliness and the beds. The halls smelled fresh and bathrooms were clean. The location is perfect for food, shopping, etc. directly across from SAMs and Walmart with Walgreen in or near parking lot. Outback steak in walking distance.
All round good experience.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mike w, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your kind words about our Hotel and staff. We value and utilize all our guest feedback to make improvements and create a better stay for our guests. We appreciate you as a loyal guest and always look forward to having you back with us!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Well. To begin, we called and booked our room, we asked the nice gentleman if we were able to pay over the phone so when we checked in, everything would already be done and taken care of. He replied "of course!" And we paid via phone. So my husband and I show up and this snobby, I mean RUDE girl at the front desk told us that they don't do that and I had to pay now. Then the price was different then what the man had just told us the day before for the same room we had paid for!! We are on vacation, and so trying to relax and not cause a scene we just paid. But this isn't the worst of it! our keys would not work for the room, had to go down stairs twice to get them fixed by this rude girl who acted like we were seriously intruding on her day. She was obviously quite young and had obviously never been taught how to be polite to customers. The bathroom was gross, the shower curtain had these stains all over it and seriously needed to be replaced. The only reason I gave this place two stars is because the bed was absolutely amazing and I never slept better! I'm currently at a comfort suites in Dallas, and this hotel is AMAZING! I paid way less then I did in Longview and our suite is beautiful! So it must not be all Comfort Suites Hotels, just the one in Longview!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mike w, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve. I want to personally apologize for the negative interaction you experienced with the guest service agent upon your arrival, and the cleanliness issue you experienced in your bathroom. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed so situations like this don’t happen again. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Longview Comfort Suites another try next time you stay in the area.