“Best location with all restaurants nearby”

Super 8 Longview/I-20
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The stay was quite comfortable with a peaceful location.Upon my request the customer-friendly manger gave a room on the back which was so quite and calm.It had many restaurants nearby i could enjoy my week's stay over there.I will definitely turn up there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 6, 2013

overall good experience. very nice rooms. I am so pleased with my stay here. clean rooms. manager was really nice and helpful during my entire stay. I checked in few hours earlier. clean towels. new bed set.

Room Tip: very nice and clean room. good service. overall very good experience
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The bathroom is small
the main entrance smells like curry and insense
the manager is very rude
it is so loud
keycards hardly work
Remotes dont work
no ice machine
or vending machine
HORRIBLE

In my opinion do not ever stay at this place, if you do you will be very dissapointed. I asked the manager to change the batteries as they werent working, he says no you have to press tv first then the button (in a way as if i were and an idiot) and it still never worked anyway

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank CoreyW21
Reviewed November 25, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank JERRY W
Reviewed November 7, 2012

the rooms are in serious need of a big facelift. the beds where low quality and something ate us up. service was good . but i well not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank ANTHONY B
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Seemed nice at the check in. Well.. we went to our non smoking room and it smelled like 10 people had just left the room smoking. My wife went to the front desk. They would not switch rooms for us. Even though we looked like the only guest. They gave her some air spray. Really...? She came back to the room and sprayed some. It then smelled like smoke, and a thousand incense candles we burning. She went back told them she had asthma and then they switched rooms for us. The second didn't smell, but wasn't nicer. But no smell! The reason we had to stay our vehicle broke down and it was the only hotel that would accept dogs. So be aware of this hole. We did try to get a refund, but they said it had been 10 minutes...CAUTION!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank tarheelram3
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My first stay was so-so. Not much to compliment them on but not much to complain about either. I liked the fact that there was plenty of truck parking next door as well as some decent BBQ.

It took between 20 and 30 minutes to get checked in. The clerk stepped into what I assume is the office and stayed in there for close to 10 minutes.

This trip the room was dirty, carpet worn and the room just shows its age. While getting ready to shower I noticed the tub floor was filthy and there were hairs from a previous guest in the shower.

When I checked out I was given the little receipt that they imprint my CLC card on. This receipt doesnt have the price for the room on it. I asked for the price and was told that I dont need it. I then asked for the manger.

I also informed the manager that I needed the amount charged so I could turn it in to my company so that the charge wont be deducted from my pay check. He told me that it is against policy to do that and he refused. This went on for about 10 minutes during which time he started getting irate and raising his voice. This is when I decided that it wasnt worth it and I walked out with him still yelling at me.

I also informed the manager of how dirty the room was and that I had found hair in the tub area. He didnt seem the least bit concerned.

I am on the road between 2 and 4 nights a week. just dont understand how 99% of the motels that I stay in hand me a print out with detailed charges without me even asking, but a select few refuse. This is the second motel that has refused. They were Super 8 and Days inn both of which are owned by Wyndam Hotels from my understanding.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business