“Great Staff, Bang for the Buck, Exceptional service”

Days Inn Longview South
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Plano
“Great Staff, Bang for the Buck, Exceptional service”
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Got in late and had to give a lecture the next AM. Didn't want to mess around with long check-in/check-out. The Hampton Inn Staff really stepped up. I literally walked to the front desk and was handed my room key. Check out was done before I got up. I turned in the key and went right to the free breakfast..... This one included western omelets, sausage, and biscuits and gravy in addition to the usual continental breakfast fare.
It's the nice little extras that really exhibit this Hotel Staff's caring attitude and their genuine desire that my stay was as convenient and comfortable as possible. They anticipated my needs well and I appreciated their attention to detail.
And the bedding was so plush my wife wanted to buy it and take it home.

Dr. Bill Schell
Plano, Texas

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I found this hotel (Hampton Inn/Longview, TX South) to be top notch facility. I stay in many hotels during my business travel with most stays at Hampton Inns. This hotel exceeded my expectations on every level. My arrival/check-in, during my stay, breakfast, and checkout. Honestly when I seen it had exterior doors and close to I-20, I thought I would have traffic noise, but not the case what-so-ever, very quiet. I was able to take advantage of the free breakfast before the its normal starting time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Longview
Reviewed April 5, 2010

As soon as we entered the hotel, we were wowed!! The room was excellent! Everything you could possibily want or need... as far as comfort was there! The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping... and don't forget a Hollywood 10 is nearby. I would rate this a 10!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Recently my wife and I spent a night at the Hampton Inn South in Longview Texas. The experience was perfect from start to finish. We checked in late at night but were greeted warmly by the hotel clerk. The lobby is bright and clean. There was a computer available to check email and a breakfast area in which to eat. I had a special request to ask because my wife was on crutches and could not climb stairs. The clerk cheerfully arranged a first floor room for us and told us about breakfast. The bed was divine with a large selection of pillows. The room was spacious and had a coffeemaker! The next morning we ate breakfast before getting back out on the road. The food was fresh and excellent. The waffles are to die for. Since my wife was on crutches I brought back the food and we ate in our room. They provided everything we needed from toiletries to great customer service. We enjoyed our overnight stay but would have loved to stay longer. We will definitely be stopping back in at this hotel on trips to Texas.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed January 30, 2010

As a Diamond Member with the Hilton chain, I would just like to let My fellow Members know that this is the BEST Hampton Inn I every stay in. Manager reception and the Breckfast was great !!!!!

Ft Worth, Tx
Reviewed January 27, 2010

I have been a guest here several times over the last 2 years and it's always a pleasure. Hotel management and staff are always very friendly and attentive. I look forward to many more visits here!

Texas
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Was in town to visit LeTourneau University. First time at this hotel and this town. Excellent hotel accommodations.