“Andre' the Giant Upstairs” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Longview

Homewood Suites by Hilton Longview
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Andre' the Giant Upstairs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you stay here, be sure to get a room on the top (3rd) floor as the space between the rooms is not very insulated for sound. As I write this, it sounds like Andre' the Giant is above me doing power lifts. This is since 4:40 this morning. I expect him to come through the ceiling any minute. Clomp, clomp, boom. Clomp, clomp, boom. I don't know what he's doing up there but I'm glad I'm leaving today. I didn't give a poor review because the place is clean and otherwise comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AuditMan001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. There was nothing exceptional not anything bad about this hotel. Breakfast was good. The evening food was not very appetizing - we chose not to eat it. The free beer was not cold and was flat. Nice enough hotel for the 4 nights. I like the suite concept - this one was almost as large as my first apartment.

Room Tip: it is a 3 level hotel - try to stay on 3rd floor to avoid "elephant man" that stayed above...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank krussl
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was in for a trip to take my son to a college preciew. We were greeted warmly. I asked if i could secure a discounte rate due to thecollege Visit. Received discount with a smile. The Room was ready at 4 pm. Comfortable beds. Had a fireplace room and enjoyed the warmth. While the area is a little rough, the property appears to be well secured.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank DavidSHouston
MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel several times over the years and was always happy. A couple years ago I stayed at this hotel and was saddened how the hotel looked. My biggest complaint was the quality of service from housekeeping. The rooms were not cleaned to the standard of a decent hotel. Two years went by and I read several reviews which made it seem that the hotel got their act together so I booked a two bedroom suite. My family lasted one night at the hotel, again, the housekeeping was horrible, some examples, dirty sock in the floor of the closet, a bottle of cleaning spray left behind the door, yellow towels, hair on the floor and spider webs in corners. I complained to the hotel staff, who assured me they would look into everything. They were really polite. Homewood Suites has always offered top notch rooms and service, this was not up to their standard. I travel to Longview often, but I don't honestly feel I would give them another chance, which is sad because Hilton is one of my favorite hotel chains.

Room Tip: It is shame of my experience because they have a great outdoor pool, which is one reason I had alway...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
AudreyWhitten, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Longview, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Audrey Whitten
Director of Sales
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great staff and amenities!! Evening reception was very nice and the meals offered were really quite good, given the circumstances (not a full restaurant/kitchen). Our room was very comfortable and comfortable to work in. We were here for 3 weeks working and needed a relaxing, roomy comfortable space and this definitely fit the bill. Only complaint (which I shared with Hilton) is that MSNBC on the TV was actually showing a "fanatical" religious station that was way beyond the mainstream - never seen anything like anywhere! - it was actually quite weird and I sure would not want my children watching such garbage. Other than that - a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Waco, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Nice hotel, clean and courteous and rates are good. They were very courteous and helpful with directions, room assistance and made sure we enjoyed our stay.Our room was nice with all amenities and the only problem we had was their wasn't toiletries in our bathroom and the front desk fixed everything within 5 minutes of a phone call and was very courteous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Liberty, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was a nice place to stay. VERY clean rooms and public areas. The staff was welcoming--even to a group of teenagers. There were no problems at all. The rooms are VERY large with plenty of room to stretch out--even for teenage boys. The business center was great and they even offer from your own phone printing.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AudreyWhitten, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Longview, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words in review of our hotel. We always look forward to making all of our guest feel welcome. I will share your kind words with my staff and again, thank you so much.

Audrey Whitten