“12+ Year Loyal Hilton HHonors Member - This is the worst!!!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Longview
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I honestly don't even know where to begin. I was traveling with a group of 9. Each of us with our own room. Hotel management called on two occasions to get us to cancel our reservations, which we did not want to do since there were 9 of us, each with our own reservations. The hotel ultimately cancelled all of our rooms without notification or our consent.

The reason's given were different each time. I was told that they had to make room for people displaced by a hurricane...all other hotels in the area still had a large number of rooms available so this was a lie. When I questioned that, I was told they since the Homewoods rooms were nicer they were better suited for the people from the hurricaine that would have long, extended stays, and that since we were only there for one night we didn't need rooms like they have at the Homewood. Next we were told that they had guests already staying at the hotel that decided to extend their stay (nevermind that their reservations did not cover the time period we were supposed to be staying there). Next we were told that there was a large group of people with a family reunion that needed our rooms. I asked the hotel manager if any other guests were being asked to move to another hotel in another town and I was told that I did not need to know that information, that it was priveleged information and that I would not be given it. The hotel offered no other compensation for us other than to block some rooms for us at a Hampton Inn in a different town at the same rate.To top it all off, I was accused of hanging up the phone on the hotel, when the cell phone I was using dropped the call. Seriously! You can't make this stuff up.

GOOD BYE HILTON HOTELS - YOU ARE OFFICIALLY THE WORST

ex-Hilton HHonors member

Room Tip: You can choose a good room...but that doesn't mean you will even get a room at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mach_92
AudreyWhitten, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Longview, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

We are very sorry that we couldn't accomodate you during your groups recent trip to Longview. We appreciate your understanding in an abnormal situation - we hate to turn any guest away. We've given your review to our front office team and hope to avoid this situation in the future. Please accept our deepest apologies for this unfortunate circumstance.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Came to Longview for a professional course, and the location was near the facility. I was pleasantly surprised with the spacious accommodations (first Homewood Suites stay) that I was to inhabit for 4 nights, when a substandard place would have sufficed. M-Th breakfast and dinner were provided, which saved me some money. The front desk staff was very professional. I had one minor/irregular issue that the manager addressed very promptly. As a runner I became accutely aware that Longview doesn't have a sidewalk system that I was able to see, but there is a wonderful hike/bike trail around the corner to the south and west of the hotel called the Paul Boorman Trail, which runs through the tall pines from Marshall/Hwy80 to Hwy281. I easily satisfied my 5 mile run requirements on the trail. I will be back with my family. Oh yeah, there was plenty of TV for a guy who wasn't looking for it, a full-sized ironing board, free wi-fi, full fridge, stove, microwave, little coffee maker, etc. I have stayed in upper-end places that nickle and dime you for amenities, but it isn't policy at this place.

Room Tip: I found the top floor to be quiet. Facing the east got noisy on Thursday night with a favorite bar...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Great value with breakfast and evening meal. Staff is very friendly. You might ask for rooms away from street. It can get loud from traffic some nights. Nice and clean and in good location. Has several laundry machines and nice outdoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Overall had a good stay at the Homewood Suites in Longview. Property is well maintained, but need of update in certain areas. The rooms are clean, interior can be worked on. Breakfast/Eating areas are nice and clean. Breakfast which is included, has the basics (bread, cereal, juice, fruits, yoghurt, scrambled eggs, waffles etc.) for your early start of the day. The manager's welcome dinner (bbq at times etc. with beer/wine) is a nice touch and certainly stands out, when you want to grab something light before heading for dinner. Overall a nice hotel with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Try to choose rooms on the main wing, as walking can be tiresome to get to the breakfast area etc. P...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel for my daughter's wedding at the nearby LeTourneau University. We had reserved a non smoking king/double queen suite. When we got to our room, we could smell smoke which had be masked with a heavily scented fragrance refreshener. My husband is allergic to smoke and febreeze-type fragrances. We spoke with the desk clerk and he said he didn't have another room like that one for that night, but he would give us a discount for that room and try to get us moved to another room the next night. The next day we were relocated to a room that had been cleaned sans the fragranced refreshener. We were very happy with the new room. My husband was able to breathe easier. The desk clear, Rodney and the Manager, Christine, were very courteous and helpful to us during our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to families. We will be returning to visit our daughter and her new husband in the future and will most likely stay here. We just need to remember to request, "no spray in our room".

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Middle rooms are closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and the room was excellent. Would highly recommend for business or personal travel. The front desk managers and staff were excellent and very accommodating.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We have family in the area and every time we visit them we stay here. Our first stay at this location was about 10 years ago, and there have been several times since then. The staff are courteous, the rooms are clean, and it has always been a good retreat at the end of the day.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family