“Definitive Texas BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The other 3 BBQ joints are great reasons why people visit Lockhart... Chisholm Trail is why they LIVE there.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I really liked it although I would like to try the other ones in town. Food was great and service was good.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Went to Chisholm Trail on the advice of a friend. After Smitty's, Black's and Kreuz's how bad could it be? Weeeellllllll, let me tell you. We were there at 11:30 on a Saturday. Most of the sides were not on the hot line, there was generalized chaos behind the line and no one seemed to have a handle on the situation. Finally push past those waiting on sides (we were there for brisket and ribs only) and order 1/4 pound of mixed brisket and 2 pork ribs.
This only cost about $6, so at least we weren't paying through the nose for bad BBQ. The brisket tasted like roast beef. The dry brisket lived up to it's name. The wet did not. There was little smoke flavor and little smoke ring. The ribs actually tasted of pork but little to no smoke and the rub was unimpressive.
Finally tried the bbq sauce and it was vinegary and overly sweet. All in all, the worst experience in Lockhart, but I didn't have to sell a kidney to enjoy it.

2  Thank sandmrhodes
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The third installment of my BBQ quest. This was more of a cafeteria style, nothing wrong with that. The sides were average, as they were with all three of the places I ate. (Potato salad, cole slaw, beans were standards) Had ribs and brisket. The sauce served was vinegar based and not much of it. Wrapped in paper like the others with a pickle slice.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Having just moved back to our home state of Texas my family and I wanted some good Texas BBQ and we were not disappointed. Chisolm has excellent Brisket, great sides and very reasonable prices but for me the highlight is the sausage. They have absolutely the best sausage i have ever eaten. Great job!

1  Thank Dustin D