“sausage”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Visited Blacks on the way to San Marcos. Everybody was very kind and helpful. Very good bar-b-que but I did prefer the ribs up the street. The sausage was the best I have tried. Would recommend and will return. The location was very nice as we were able to walk around town after our meal. We were even lucky enough to walk upon a farmers market.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We saw this place on the Travel Channel. We were near that area so we decided to try it & boy were we glad we did!! It isn't a very big place but big enough. Every person that we encountered was very friendly & helpful, even more so when they found out it was our first visit there. We got 2 sandwich combos...1 chopped brisket & 1 sliced brisket and they just melted in your mouth! Just writing this review makes me want one now! :)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Having been to the two other stops on the BBQ Holy Trinity (Smittys and Kruetz's) is was time to try Black's. The pork spare ribs and brisket are good but better at the other two. Black's is famous for the beef ribs and the live up to the hype. I'm still dreaming about them. Huge and delicious! The rest is basic BBQ.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

we are from San Diego and went to Austin for xmas to visit family so my brother in law took us here and it was incredible, the brisket and ribs were the best i have ever had, the sausage was good and the turkey was great, the only suggestion i would make is to skip the sides not because they were not good the beans and rice were very good but next time i would save all my room for the ribs and brisket

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We made the trip down to Lockhart while visiting our children in Austin. Being from GA, I expected to have more roast beef called BBQ but I was pleasantly surprised to find superb Texas BBQ. The brisket was perfect, the pork baby back ribs barely holding on to the bone and the tender beef ribs were the size of something off of The Flinstones. They sell it by the pound to go or on your plate. They put the sides out first before the meat as you walk through the serving line and I would probably opt out next time since I was there for the meat. The tea was sweet, the beer was cold and Mr. Black came around to make sure we were ok. Black's is not on the main road into town so follow the signs and drive the couple of blocks over to visit. The new 85mph toll road will take you there and I suggest you stop by the new F1 racetrack on your way back to Austin.

Been to Black's Barbecue? Share your experiences!