“The northern girl ate grits...and liked them!”
Review of Huddle House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Huddle House
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I ate breakfast here 3 days in a row. Each day other people in my group would join the table/tables and would linger for an hour or more. The staff just smiled and kept refilling coffee cups. On the third day, the waitress saw me walking towards the restaurant and had my iced tea waiting! The food was good, reasonably priced, and served hot. The grits were especially worth noting.
This is a 24 hour restaurant. It's not gourmet but it is very good.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Although the food wasn't the best, the location, next door to hotel, made it very convenient. The hotel free breakfast was better.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have given Huddle House several attempts (~6) to improve since it opened, but finally, my stomach said enough is enough. This review is based on MULTIPLE experiences since Huddle House opened (3 or so years) with the breakfast, lunch and dinner food. During this time, I have experienced the following each time at the Huddle House: (1) food being served cold, (2) served old/bad sweet tea (3) heating/cooking with a microwave, (4) served burnt/undercooked food and (5) food has ZERO flavor and looks fake.

To give more details on (3) and (5) above, I will try and paint an image:
(3) When I ordered the Chili cheese fries over 6 months ago, they literally threw 2-3 thin slices of cheese (like you would put on a sandwich) on top and popped it into the microwave. When it came to my table, the cheese was not melted (still solid and looked over cooked) and I was literally able to pick up (with my fork) and separate the entire top layer of cheese from the chili fries below. The fries were also undercooked.

(5) Whether it is burgers, breakfast (eggs, sausage, etc.), etc. there is ZERO flavor in the food. My boyfriend, who is an avid lover of bacon and sausage will NOT eat consider ordering either, especially the sausage because it doesn't look OR taste like it came from a pig. now that's saying something, seriously!

Overall, I will say that the prices reflect the type of food you get. I also constantly find myself hoping and praying that Huddle House will close down, so something else....something WAY BETTER can come in!

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Clean place and all the employees were very nice. The food was good and the prices were reasonable.
I would return. The service was excellent

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I definitely recommend this restaurant. We were staying at the Best Western and ate both dinner and breakfast there. The service both times was great! Very courteous and friendly. Dinner was great. The hash browns at breakfast were divine. Very clean. Highly recommended.