“Nice Restaurant in Llano”
Review of Acme Dry Goods Co Food Court - CLOSED

Acme Dry Goods Co Food Court
Cuisines: American
Description: Seafood, Steaks, Pasta, Burgers, Salads, Sandwiches, Soups, Daily Specials, Quiche, Ettouffee, crab cakes.We make everything fresh, French Fries and Onion rings are my only frozen products. All soups, sauces, Batters and most salad dressings made in house.
“Nice Restaurant in Llano”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We visited after the noon hour for lunch while visiting Llano, and were impressed not only with the food and friendly service, but with the casual ambience of the place, which preserved the feel of the old dry goods store that used to occupy this space on the courthouse square.

While "healthy" and "burger" are rarely used in the same sentence, the burger had fresh lettuce and tomatoes, not the usual wilted fare found at lesser places. My wife had a chili cheese dog that didn't leave her feeling guilty and bloated. Yes, we stepped out of our normal "healthy eating" routine, but it was worth it.

• Visited December 2011

Texas
“Grilled chicken sandwich was good.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Pros: Out of 3 plates ordered I tried each and only the grilled chicken sandwich was any good. It was huge and came with melted cheese, pickles, one leaf of lettuce, and fries. Cost was $7 for that plate. The Location is cute old town atmosphere on the square. Also, this is one of very FEW choices on Sunday.

Cons: Service is slow and unfriendly unless your a local. The crab cakes were a disappontment, mostly bread and way overpriced at $12 for 2 mediocre crab cakes and pile of lettuce, the menu called it a salad. The mushroom swiss burger was not recommended by the person who had that plate.

Austin, Texas
“Will never go back”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Thought I would try something different this time in town. Ordered the Texas Chili, thinking it would be homemade. If I were to make it at home, I would have to open a can of chili and sprinkle a teaspoon of cheese on top. It was served luke warm to boot. Did receive my drink free when I complained about the quality and temperature of the food. Taught me to ask next time if it is homemade. The service was also poor, however they were understaffed. Only 2 waitresses doing everything, waiting tables busing, and working the register and handling to go orders.

Texas
“Brunch or lunch, it's worth a visit”
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Good food. Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff. One of my favorite places to eat in Llano.