“They had a mess up but made it right”
Review of Sweet Home Cookin - CLOSED

Sweet Home Cookin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My huntin buddies and I went here one Saturday after working our tails off. We all three ordered the chicken fried steak. A few minutes later, the cook came out and apoligized but said they had just run out of CFS. No problem, we reordered. I had a burger, my buddies had hamburger steak. I was not disappointed, it was a big burger and came exactly as I had ordered it. The fries were good too; homestyle and battered. My buddies said their hamburger steak were pretty good. To make up for not having CFS, they offered all three of us a piece of chocolate cake. They did not mention that each piece was gigantic. We were all three impressed and will be back again come huntin seas.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped by after hiking Enchanted Rock State Park. Apparently the rest. has moved since our visit. We arrived shortly after lunch so there was not wait. The staff was very pleasant and helpful on letting us know what was good that day. The kids were excited about the homemade mac and cheese but it was sold out :( The dining area was clean as well as the bathrooms. We ordered the chicken fried steak, hamburgers, and the kids had grilled cheese and a hotdog. We normally don't eat this type of food and it was a pleasant splurge. The CFS was large and heavily breaded with homemade gravy. The mashed potatoes were seasoned well and still had good lumps of potatoes. The burger was thick and meaty and the bun appeared to be a homemade sour dough. Everything tasted great. We did have dessert which was this massive 3 layer chocolate cake. MASSIVE! The four of us shared it and there was still some left over.

Overall we were very pleased that we stopped in and gave this place a try. The staff and owners are on site and would gladly answer all questions and point out that a lot of the food is made from scratch.

We will be coming back next time in Llano.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The wait was a bit long, but we were in no hurry. The eggs, bacon, ham, toast, sausage and coffee were top notch, as was the server. This place wasn't here three years ago, and was a welcome sight on this visit. A real down-home place for breakfast--and at low prices that will amaze you!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Not good!!!! They still had a sign outside that said it was "El Patron Mexican Restaurant" but it is definitely not a Mexican restaurant. I got the fried popcorn shrimp and my boyfriend got the chicken fried chicken. My shrimp were not deveined and not well seasoned. I ate three of them... That is all I could tolerate. His chicken was maybe 3 oz. The gravy was clumpy and his mashed potatoes were not edible. The only thing we could tolerate choking down were the French fries! The server was sweet. That was about the only thing nice about this place. I will not be back!

1  Thank longhornfan11
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place is wonderful. They were very accomadated and pushed lots of table together so all of us could eat together. The quality of the food was fantastic. We all ate different things and all agreed that what they ordered tasted great. The staff was great, kept all our drinks filled and brought everything we needed. Our food can out in a timely manner. Also they added some fried mushrooms to our orders. They are wonderful, you should try them. Will eat their again in the future.