“I will not be back!!!”
Review of Sweet Home Cookin - CLOSED

Sweet Home Cookin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Not good!!!! They still had a sign outside that said it was "El Patron Mexican Restaurant" but it is definitely not a Mexican restaurant. I got the fried popcorn shrimp and my boyfriend got the chicken fried chicken. My shrimp were not deveined and not well seasoned. I ate three of them... That is all I could tolerate. His chicken was maybe 3 oz. The gravy was clumpy and his mashed potatoes were not edible. The only thing we could tolerate choking down were the French fries! The server was sweet. That was about the only thing nice about this place. I will not be back!

Date of visit: July 2013
1  Thank longhornfan11

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place is wonderful. They were very accomadated and pushed lots of table together so all of us could eat together. The quality of the food was fantastic. We all ate different things and all agreed that what they ordered tasted great. The staff was great, kept all our drinks filled and brought everything we needed. Our food can out in a timely manner. Also they added some fried mushrooms to our orders. They are wonderful, you should try them. Will eat their again in the future.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Quality of food was good when they first opened but declined. Got to where everything tasted like everything because they were using the same oil for everything. One waitress carrys a large knife in her back pocket. They recently moved to a larger building. Service was much slower.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Just as Texas home cooking should be. Friendly (family vested) staff. Bread served pro gratis. Ck steak a little salty but the homemade Mac & cheez to die for. Food good hot and severed with a smile. I like this place.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very Quaint eating place. My hubby and I both had the chicken fried steak with okra and mashed potatoes. The chicken fried steak was cooked perfectly, crunchy and plenty of it. The mashed potato's were a yellow gold color and kinda blah but the okra was the best I have ever eaten it was actually CRUNCHY exactly the way I TRY and do it. They knocked it out of the park!!! My Brother in law had a Cheese burger and fries and said it was great as well.The service was okay, the waitress seemed extremely frazzled!! But all in all I will Definitely be going there again!!!!

Date of visit: April 2013