“Camping and fishing”

Lake Livingston State Park
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Livingston
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We decided to return to camping and even on the busiest holiday of the year (Memorial Day weekend) we enjoyed the visit. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They parole the park often and are at your service. They care about your opinion. Third largest lake in Texas and they have a large fishing dock with a nice cleaning station. Other campers said some fish were caught there but lots of fish were caught on the lake, especially white bass. There are convenient play areas for children while you fish or just enjoy nature. The sites are nice and not too close together even in the more crowded sections. The restrooms and showers were nice and a great convenience. They have horse and hay rides that looked like fun. Even the campers were nice, most were considerate and their children enjoyed the freedom in a safe environment, as well as their parents I'm sure.

5  Thank treeleaner

Reviewed May 31, 2013

we caught 17 channel catfish the four days we were there livingston state park is one of the best places for camping with kids we rode bikes thru out the park it is a great place to take the family (one other not some people dont read street sign very good the one way means one way other than that fun fun for the whole family including the family pet)

2  Thank Eddie W
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Its definitely a safe bet for beginners. Two of us rented a screened shelter. Recommended are No 3 and 4 as they have air flow and very good view of the lake. We had lot of space just in front of the lake beside our cabin to setup a tent. Restrooms aren't that great though. As its expected in public places. Shower areas are good. Staff are friendly. Initially our cabin was occupied past our check in time but staff got them cleared . Unfortunately park store is closed for renovation so we traveled for 5 miles to get to a gas stations for ice. Lake view was amazing.

2  Thank Pkand
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My family consisting of two adults three girls camped at lake Livingston state park this past weekend in the Hercules loop. We had a spacious and very clean camp site. The staff at the HQ was welcoming, friendly and was able to get us checked in quickly. I utilized the showers in two different camping loops and they were very clean. The park has a safe environment feel to it and my kids rode their bikes all over our camping area without problems. I met a couple who were park hosts while they were cleaning the showers at 6 AM ...they show up super early just to ensure the guests have clean facilities. So awesome! We will be back!

2  Thank CacaWoowoo
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just returned from a two night stay at Lake Livingston State Park. Let me first say that there are many great things about Lake Livingston State Park. The lake itself is breathtaking! I had to keep reminding myself that I was at a lake and not at the ocean. The birding watching was wonderful. Our screened shelter overlooked the lake, and the nights were cool and beautiful. The fishing was also great! That being said, I was very disappointed with the condition of the park. 1. The shelter that we stayed in needed repair, the door would not stay shut. 2. The bathroom floor at the park stayed wet the entire time that we were there,(leaking or what?). 3. There were very few places swim (and/ or) no swimming. I've never been to a lake where you could not swim. There was a pool at the park, but it did not open for another week. 4. We thought about going horseback riding instead, but when we went by the stables there was no one there and it looked as though it was in need of a lot or repairs(scary). 5. The trails, the interactive trail was very short and only TWO interactive signs. But the worst thing about the trails, were the downed trees. There were downed trees everywhere and across the trails. It looked as if a storm had come through years before and knocked trees all over the trail, and they were just left there! It was really unsightly, and looked very unkempt. I know there is a high number of visitors to the park, but I was somewhat embarrassed. Lake Livingston State Park truly has the potential to be one of the jewels of East Texas. Come on Texas we CAN do better than this.

5  Thank Rodneyroe