“Average to good”

Petty's Steak & Catfish
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Lindale
Cuisines: American
Description: Come see our renovations and updates under new ownership! Good home-cooking with daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The service was average, the food was average. I had catfish and I rate it average with most catfish that is available in the area.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (139)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good place for a family to gather after church. The food was good. I especially liked the fried pork cutlet and the fresh dinner rolls. The dinner rolls were so good I could have stopped there. Restaurant is looking a little tired and could use a facelift inside and out

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been eating here for ten years. No more. First time in ten years I sent a meal back and the waitress, Patricia was surly and rude. Told me that she had served it to 24 other people and it was okay. I am in individual, not 24 people. Meals are advertised as "home cooked" but I was served cold pinto beans, instant mashed potatoes (not real), and the meat loaf was smothered in an undefinable red sauce. Add to that, the fact that the cleanliness of the place has gone WAY DOWNHILL. Just look up at the air conditioning vents, covered in black (mold?). Filthy restrooms, and the front door has so many greasy fingerprints on it, I was fearful to touch it without a sanitized cover. So sad to see a long time well know institution go to the dogs. It would be nice if the high school students who wait tables at night would wear clothes. Not shorts so short it left NOTHING to the imagination as well as showing all the tattoos on the legs and arms. Not a family environment. I hate to write this review, but it is the truth. I wonder if the health department has ever inspected this place?

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019

Came for brunch today after church. Catfish was tender, flaky, and delicious. Chicken fried steak special with mashed potatoes and corn and green beans was very tender and flaky. The chicken spaghetti special with the same sides was also very homemade. Our son had to have pancakes which were big enough that we brought some home. Came with rolls and dessert. Our daughter wasn't feeling well so unfortunately we had to leave before we got dessert. Will definitely be going back to try some of the other menu items they have. The place was about 90% full so service was not perfect, but our drinks were refilled (they had large cups) and our waitress brought to go boxes quickly when asked. They were very busy though so no complaints.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

this place does a lot of business for it to look so nasty, if its nasty out front, whats it like in the kitchen. the seat yourself concept is lacking as it can take a while to get a waitress, on the evening we went , multi tables were in need of cleaning making it hard to find a place to sit, while wait staff and kitchen staff visited. once waited on our food was nothing exciting and just like any other restaurant, nothing to brag about. we had to ask for the bread we notice others were being served.

Date of visit: July 2019