“Horrible Customer Service, Overcharged , Lost Reservation”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lindale
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lindale
Bartonville, Texas
“Horrible Customer Service, Overcharged , Lost Reservation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I made a reservation for a king room and was quoted the horse show rate. Several days prior to my scheduled arrival I called the hotel to confirm my reservation and also to confirm the rate. When my husband and I arrived to check in, the desk clerk "Beth" informed me that she had no record of our reservation. I asked her how this was possible since I had called earlier in the week to confirm my reservation. Rather than being helpful about the situation, all she said was that she had no idea how this had happened. She searched their records and found the reservation had been recorded for May, not April.

Fortunately, she said that she still had a king room available and checked us in. I asked again about the rate and she assured me that we would still receive the "horse show" rate. We initialed and signed the form with the rate that we had been quoted. Three days later when we checked out I noticed that the rate we were charged was $20 per night higher than what we were quoted and than what we had signed for. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk she informed me that we had been given an "extended" king room and that only the manager could change the rate. I pointed out that when we had checked into the hotel the clerk had said nothing about an "extended" king room and that the form we had signed indicated a lower rate. She agreed that we had signed for a lower rate but that only the manager, who of course was not available, could change the rate.

I asked if she could contact the manager and she placed a call but was not able to reach him.
I told her that since the rate was changed after we had signed the form and checked into the room we were going to dispute the charge with our credit card company. I requested that the manager contact me and I still haven't received a call back.

Aside from a lost reservation and being over charged, the customer service at this La Quinta is appalling. "Beth" acted like we were disturbing her when we checked in and had a terrible attitude. The next morning when I attempted to put milk in my coffee and found the dispenser was empty, I approached her at the front desk and asked her who was responsible for the breakfast items. She replied that she was, and when I told her that the dispenser was empty she retorted that "it couldn't be" since she had filled it that morning. OK, so what would motivate me to tell her that the milk dispenser was empty if it was full? I wanted to tell her to get off her butt and check it out since it wasn't working. It turns out that she had placed the wrong pump on the dispenser so it wasn't working. She then told me that it was full, which is somewhat irrelevant since it wasn't dispensing milk. This employee needs to find another career that doesn't involve serving customers!

It was also obvious that the room wasn't vacuumed during our stay as I found dirt on the floor.
Overall, I would never stay here again other than the fact that it is one of the few hotels in the area that accepts dogs. The Comfort Suites across the parking lot is much nicer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Conroe, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I made the mistake of staying here. When we pulled up I thought from the outside & lobby it was a nice hotel! Then we got to the rooms. I got two rooms because my family & my sisters family were traveling together. My room out of the two rooms was in the worst shape. In both rooms the sliding closet door mirror was broken from top to bottom and had clear packing tape over the crack. There was mold in the grout and mold in the caulking in the bathroom as well. To add insult to injury the front desk agent was in such a hurry to get out of there because it was close to the end of her shift. Her fiancé was sitting in the lobby-breakfast area eating, answering half of our questions for us who was much friendlier than she was. Come to find out in the morning the room I had gotten was on an "out of order list" but in her effort to get out of there she didn’t pay attention to the list. I will never stay there again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lewisville, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were attending the horse show nearby and chose La Quinta because it accepts dogs. The rooms were very nice, very clean and the service was great. There are a couple of good places to eat nearby. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a newer, hotel-style (vs. motel-style with exterior hallways). Staff was pleasant and friendly, including the breakfast attendant and housekeeping -- the latter is actually an important indicator to me. Furniture was newer; sheets and towels were in good condition and not threadbare, tv was a new flatscreen but with no added services, just basic cable. The bed was quite comfortable.

The room seemed quite cramped, however. Perhaps it was due to the queen size beds being higher than usual, or the decor being dark. There were four of us in the double queen and it seemed like everyone was constantly squeezing around each other to get through the space between the beds and the dresser. There were two chairs -- a lounging chair and a desk chair -- but there hardly seemed to be any room for them. Four is obviously putting the room at capacity, but we've stayed in a number of other LQs and they never seemed this cramped.

In addition, we checked in with another family and asked for adjacent rooms (not necessarily accessible, just next to each other). We were told that there weren't any left and were placed about halfway down the hall from each other. The odd part was that this is a 4-floor hotel and in the evening when we came back from dinner, there weren't more than 30 cars in the parking lot. I wondered if they only had certain floors open and didn't want to open rooms on another floor.

There were other, small details that maintenance isn't performed regularly, such as broken tile and an obviously loose toilet seat. Tile is not always so quick to fix, but a toilet seat only takes a minute to re-screw back down. (I would have done it myself if it had been my own home, but no way was I going to do it in a public hotel.) On the positive side, breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, and gravy, which I rarely see in LQs, and the attendant promptly and cheerfully refilled the eggs when I arrived even though it was ten minutes to the end of breakfast time.

I did not swim but my kids and their friends did. The pool was ok but the hot tub had some particulate matter floating in it -- probably not anything terrible, but again, an indicator that maintenance is not always spot-on.

There is another LQ in Tyler that is the older, motel-style hotel, but we chose this one because it is newer. This one is about 10 miles out of Tyler and we were surprised that it was so far north. If we had to return to Tyler we would stay in this LQ because we usually travel with our dog, but if we didn't have a pet with us, we would probably try another place. It's not bad, but for the price, I'd try to see if we could get a little bit bigger or more well-maintained room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

the hotel opened 4 years ago. rooms , lobby are all very nice. No issues with hotel. BUT
the lady at the front desk (Dodi) needs to check her attitude, not just to Elite members of LQ like me and my companion, but in general. And Dodi if you or your manager ever read this.....
EACH elite member is allowed the bottled water and snack.

And yes, how about a sign showing where the hotel actually is!!!! its difficult to see it from the street if you dont know where it is!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cokedidme
Irving, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This La Quinta is about 1/2 mi. north of I20, around a lot of eating places and gas stations, 3 mi. north of Tyler, and easy on and off. The hotel is pet friendly and cooperative. Very continental breakfast and ammenities in the room. Usual workout room and pool. Was able to have a double Queen beds in room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindale
Comfort Suites Lindale - North Tyler
BEST WESTERN Lindale Inn
Hampton Inn Lindale/Tyler
Americas Best Value Inn - Tyler/Lindale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Tyler

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lindale? Share your experiences!