“Brisket so good, I wept!”
Review of Snow's Barbeque

Snow's Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Open only on Saturday, and usually sold out by noon or earlier, Snow's makes a great first stop on a Q pilgrimage. make your next stop Franklin's in Austin and you will know how high the bar really is. Some prefer Franklin's; I prefer Snow's...It's amazing!!

Reviewed December 20, 2011

I went to Snow's bbq severals times and it is one of my favorite's bbq places. The pork (they call it pork butt but it's actually shoulder) is perfectly cooked and very delicious. The brisket and sausage are also great. The beans are slightly too fatty but taste good. They only open on Saturday morning so you can only go there for brunch.

The first time when I got there at 11:30, there was a line about fifty ppl, and all bbq was sold out at noon. So I had to came back another time. It usually takes 30-60 minutes to wait in line, so try to get there early. But the bbq is so good, it definately worth driving and waiting to get a Saturday bbq brunch.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have visited Dallas often and twice went to Snow's. Very out of the way location and limited hours-Saturday until the food is gone. I am no fan of BBQ for breakfast, but I make an exception in the case of Snow's. I've had lots of brisket - this place and Louis Mueller get my top votes. The brisket is simply fabulous, service friendly, atmosphere --I gave it 3* since it is typical BBQ joint--nothing fancy, but clean & homey. My friend really liked the ribs. Good thing I live out of state or I'd be there so often, I'd weigh 400 pounds.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I have made two trips to Snow's and we love this BBQ joint. Lexington is an out-of-the-way small town location, but worth the drive. Snow's is only open on Saturday mornings until they sell out. The brisket and chicken are our favorites, but all their meats are fantastic. If you are in search of outstanding Texas BBQ served in a fun, friendly atmosphere, this is the place to visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Being a BBQ fan and a TX resident I was obligated to make the pilgrimage to Snow's at 8:00 am on a Saturday this past January. Lucky for me the cold weather kept away the infamous crowds that flock this restaurant during its limited hours of operation.
The brisket is among the best I have ever tried, perhaps THE best. The pork is also very, very good. The sausage tasted really good at first, but the flavor soon fatigued and I tired of it quickly. The rest of the BBQ was fairly average.
I wasn't a fan of the BBQ sauce. Their sauce typifies the thin, watery, vinegary sauce that is ubiquitous in this part of TX whereas I strongly prefer thicker, heartier, more flavorful sauces. Proponents of such thin sauces typically use a variation of the standard line, "If the BBQ is good enough then you don't need sauce at all; you don't want to mask the true flavor of the meat." I maintain that the statement is true, in part. Great BBQ can indeed be enjoyed without any sauce (dry or wet rub). However, a truly savory, delicious sauce can kick already-great BBQ up a notch or two into the "unforgettable" category.
The side dishes were a huge disappointment to me. Other than maybe their homestyle beans that you ladled straight out of the pot (nice touch), I'd say the side dishes tasted no better than if they were bought prefabricated from a local H.E.B., Kroger, etc., and the portion sizes were very small. in general, the sides appeared to be treated as if they were an afterthought, not as if they really mattered.
In general, my subsequent trips to Snow's involved buying a few pounds of just the brisket (far and away the star of the show) and then high-tailing it outta' there and back to civilization.