“Not a Contender”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stopped by for dinner with a family group of eight.
I chose Parma because of it's high rating in TA.
All the serving folks are very friendly and it is a cozy place.
I had read the reviews, but the dishes I sampled did not live up to the advance
publicity. The calzone was huge and loaded with cheese and ham. The sausage was supposed
to be home made but tasted like those rabbit turds used by the big box guys.
My BW had the lobster ravioli and it tasted delicious. My grand daughter had the
cheese pizza. It was good and the tomato sauce made it.
My choice was the highly touted chicken piccata. The was a disaster. Probably
the worst chicken piccata ever. Usually this dish consists of medallions of chicken breast sauteed in a lemon butter sauce with capers. This version was one over-cooked chicken breast, with a flavorless,watery concoction of something being neither lemon nor butter. The noodles were listless.
They sell a lot of pizza here, and the sandwiches sounded good, like the meatball sub and the
Philly cheese steak sub. Might be that their strengths are in this area.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a family owned Italian restaurant. I've been coming here for years and they always remember my family when we come in. Not a huge place, but i've come in several times with large groups and never had a problem. The food is always awesome. Their pizza is literally the bomb and huge! It's also BYOB which will help save on your check! They have a small outdoor seating area, but emphasizing the word small here.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We visited this resto on Saturday during lunch time. It's empty, only two other tables were filled in. From beginning until the end, the servers did not smile at all at us but nicely chatting with other customers. When we asked for the bill, the male server (it seems the owner of this resto) told me that I had to wait for my female server while he did not mind for serving other clients that have the same server as we had. Duh... We ordered their famous shrimp murphy over spaghetti, lasagna and ravioli stuffed with lobster and shrimp in cognac pink sauce (the menu said it's five of them but we got only four). People here said this is a cheap resto...well maybe for lunch on weekdays but definitely not weekend and the price is $5-$6 more. The food itself is just average. The shrimp murphy was too salty. the lasagna is so-so and small portion. The ravioli was said stuffed with lobster...mostly it's stuffed with shrimp instead of lobster. Not worth to come back to this resto especially with the service like that.

1  Thank Tienne2001
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We tried based of the tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. This is a small place but they make everything fresh. The hot bread was complimentary. The waitress said they make it every 10 minutes. We had the Calamari appetizer. It was very good. For the entree we had Chicken Marsala with a side salad and Chicken Parmesan with a Tomato Basil soup. All was very good. Large portions and enjoyable service. We finished with a couple cannoli. A small place with good food.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food its very good and very cheap !!! They have lunch menu - ive got capelette soup and was amazing !!! The pizza its very good !