“Clean rooms, nice staff, but I won't be back”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The good: the staff are nice
The room is clean
Nice tv
The bad
The mattress is rediculously hard
Room service and restaurant close at 9? The only place to eat in walking distance is a smoky bar. Come on, this is rediculous you have a captured audience and you can't get a burger if you come in after 9

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear doons60,

Thank you for your feedback related to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville.

I am pleased that you found our rooms clean and our staff friendly, as it is our goal to make you feel right at home!

I am sorry you did not find the Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System bed to your liking, these mattresses are able to be adjusted by our guests to the desired level of firmness, and in the case that you may not be able to find that optimum setting, please in the future give us a call on our Guest Services Hotline and we will quickly respond and adjust or correct the situation.

I would also like to make you aware that the hotel is surrounded by many local restaurants some within walking distance, others we can offer a complimentary shuttle in our hotel van until 11:00pm each evening. Additionally the hotel offers the Pavillion Pantry gift shop right next to the front desk where a selection of fresh sandwiches and fresh saleds, chips and snacks as well as microwavable frozen sandwiches and meals which are avaliable 24 hours a day for our guests.

I do hope that you will return and experience our service again, we loved having you here with us!

Best wishes and safe travels,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Was in town for work and spent three nights at the HGI Lewisville. The property seemed very new and the staff was very nice. Everything was clean, breakfast was very good, they had an outdoor fireplace which was neat. There are many restaurants in the area and close to the freeway. Would defiantly go back.

Dear Tammy G,

Thank you so much for your business, we realize that when you travel, there are many choices, and we thank you for allowing us to serve you on your recent visit to the Lewisville area.

I am very pleased that your stay with us exceeded your expecations!

As you mentioned, the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville location is surrounded by many local and national restaurants as well as the Vista Ridge Mall, and our complimentary shuttle can take our guests to any of these within a 5 mile radius of our hotel.

I may also recommend our hotel restaurant, as our Executive Chef really strives to create memorable dining experiences.

We hope to see you again soon, and until then, we wish you the safest of travels!

Best wishes,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was visiting on business for 5 nights. I give the rating a 'very good' because the customer service I was given was above and beyond. I did, however, have some negatives. I will outline the negatives below:

-Walls are paper thin. I could hear everything going on outside and inside.
-My room was overlooking the pool, which was really nice; however, they left the music on all night and the speaker was right under my window. The music kept me up all night! I did tell the front desk after a couple of nights and they were really nice and shut the music down at night...which I really appreciated.
-The gym was nice but too small
-The buffet in the morning was not really good. It was not horrible, but not at all delicious.

Positives:
-The pool area is really nice and the restaurant will bring you food and drinks outside if you ask.
-The wait staff was very friendly and remembered to call me by name when I arrived at the restaurant.
-The front desk was really nice to turn off the music at the pool when I asked.
-The front desk gave me directions to a store when I requested them.

All in all it was a good stay. The GREAT customer service took care of the negatives for me. They were super friendly and I hope management reads these reviews...because they have hired a great group of people! Kudos!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you will want to ask for a room opposite of the pool area.

Dear TravelbugMissouri,

Thank you so much for your business, we do greatly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville.

I am pleased you found our staff attentive to your needs and friendly, I will be sure to share your kind words with each of them. As you made note in your review, our team will go above and beyond to try to make our guests feel right at home.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our large pool and that you were able to also enjoy some of our food and beverage that was delivered to you pool side. I do apologize for the pool music being loud while you were trying to enjoy a peaceful evening, this should not have occured as our music should have been turned off at 11:00pm to allow us guests a quiet sleep experience. Please know we will correct this immediately!

We do hope if your travels bring you back to our area again, that you will allow us tos erve you!

Best wishes, and safe travels always!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recently spent one night at the property while in town for business. This was my second stay at this hotel. Good property. Room was clean, bathroom was clean as were the hallways, common areas. Location to the airport is very good. We left the hotel at 6:45am to catch a 9:20 flight and made it to the car rental place in about a half hour. However, if there is an accident or any issue on 121, it can take you an hour so leave earlier than you think you should during morning rush. We will stay at this hotel again next time we come to Dallas on business.

Dear CGB5620,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville, we loved having you here with us!

I also thank you for your feedback, we strive to exceed our guest expectations each and every stay!

Your information related to the 121 Tollroad is very valid as during peak commute periods, all highway in Dallas become tricky to navigate, be sure to inquire with any of our front desk team members who can assist in driving times to and from most locations especially the airport.

All the best and safe travels always!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have been an advocate of this property and have stayed there frequently for several years. My company has a negotiated rate and we bring a lot of business to this hotel. During my last stay I asked to extend my stay another night due to a change in plans and the guest services representative told me they only had one room and would not honor the negotiated rate. I called the next day and spoke to the manager on duty and she also confirmed their policy. I responded to the Hilton survey and never received a response. So, for a few bucks this property lost a customer that was very loyal.

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Hampton - it is very nice!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jpbrec
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear jpbrec,

Thank you for your feedback regarding a recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville.

Please know we value your business greatly.

I would like to discuss this matter with you further and rectify this concern for you, please contact me at the hotel 972-459-4600, or at James.Montgomery@hilton.com.

I do see from your previous review that you have in the past loved your hotel experience with us, and I do want that to continue.

Rest assured, this is not normal for our hotel, and I will address these concerns with our team.

If there are ever any issues, please always allow the hotel General Manager to know of your concerns so that we can rectify these matters immediately!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The air conditioner is LOUD! It turns on and off all night. I was awakened every time it cycled. There is mold in the bathroom, behind the light fixtures. We actually got a free night stay due to issues with a previous stay and the mold is STILL there! I'm surprised maintenance didn't tend to that. We will NOT stay there again!The hotel itself is nice. People who work here are nice. But, if we can't sleep, nothing else matters!

Room Tip: Ask for one without mold in the bathroom
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Aidatexas,

I’m so sorry you experienced some noise with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn’t experience that.

Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you need a clean and convenient hotel this is the place for you. Only 20 minutes from DFW and very well maintained. The evening meals are also particularly good. This was my third stay there and all of them were consistently good

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear markersmark64,

We loved having you stay with us and can't wait for your next visit!

We know you have many choices when it comes to travel and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

Safe travels always!