“Date night go to”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I moved to Texas from Chicago, discovered Cristina's and have been going there for date night every month since 1999. My absolute favorite meal is the Pescado el moho de a ho. (my spelling may be off)/ The wait staff is friendly, the restaurant is clean, the price is reasonable and the portion is plentiful.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I ate here a couple of times but frankly it's not my favorite. The food would be considered excellent in any other market than DFW but here it takes a cut above to make my slate. This one seems another in a series of what I call Austin inspired Tex Mex. Many of the others serving similar to this style in the area have a hint of flavor of restauranteur Olay, famous for his own namesake in Coppell, the now defunct La Siera in Flower Mound and my current favorite, Animias in Flower Mound, all almost identical in food style. Of course Cristina's remains a raging favorite with many and I thought it enjoyable when I last visited, but still Animias favors my beyond-particular Tex Mex tongue a little bit more.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The restaurant is very pretty and appears upscale. Unfortunately, the menu selection is not unusual and the food sometimes comes cold or overcooked. I had chicken fajitas last time I was there and the chicken was grizzly and the vegetables were almost all onion.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This location of Cristina's Mexican Restaurant is close to home & one that we frequent quite often. Their servers are consistently attentive & cordial, & on most visits, we've rarely had to wait for a table. When we've had to wait, it has never been for more than about 10 minutes.

Their soups are fantastic-flavorful & made fresh daily. The tortilla soup is filled with plump chunks of chicken breast; if you want a different flavor twist, be sure to try their avocado soup. It's light & delicious. I love the chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce. That dish is always my calorie splurge in any Mexican restaurant that offers it, & Cristina's version is delightful; chickeny goodness covered in a cheesy creamy sauce--yum! Their fajitas are flavorful, with a generous portion of meat mixed in with the sizzling green peppers & onions. The mini flauta appetizer is a generous portion--enough to serve two. Crispy flautas sliced in half, served on a bed of lettuce with a dipping cup of freshly made guacamole. They always bring me a cup of sour cream by request at no extra charge.They have very economic lunch specials starting at around $6.25 per entree. They also have happy hour drink specials, offering large "fishbowl" frozen margaritas for under $6 each (and I guarantee, all you need is one of those!).

The atmosphere is perfect for families, business lunches, solos, or couples. Plenty of tables & booths, plus there is a nice bar area if that is your preference. Strategically placed flat-screen TV's ensure that you won't miss a moment of any sports season; however, the TV volume is not so loud as to drown out conversation.

If you enjoy Mexican food, you will leave Cristina's feeling happy & full.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Flavorful salsa, guacamole made at our table and then brisket tacos with freshly made taco shells...I am not easily impressed with Mexican food because living on the border for years exposed me to authentic food, but from the moment I ate the first bite, I couldn't stop eating until My tummy pooched out like a satisfied puppy! The service was top-notch. Our server was cordial and helpful.