“I want my lunch hour and money back!”
Review of It's Greek To Me

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
It's Greek To Me
Ranked #211 of 298 Restaurants in Lewisville
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I was in this restaurant today for the 1st and last time with a friend. We both enjoy greek food and wanted to try a new restaurant out on our lunch hour. Not only was the food not what we expected - was over-shadowed by the worse service I have ever received. We came to the restaurant with a coupon (buy one entree get one free) that was emailed to me - we asked first if we could use it and was told only on the higher priced items. We ordered the same thing - the gyro plate - the meat was very dry (beef jerky like) - almost hard & the green beans were so sour your mouth would pucker! We ate and was given our ticket the full amount of the coupon had not been taken off. We decided not to say anything as we had to get back to work - we were disappointed but would just deal with it. We asked the girl to split the bill on both cards and she said well I will have to charge you 50 cents a piece for using a coupon. I told her she didn't even take the full value of the coupon off and she said she did and there was a limit of $11. I didn't see a limit on the coupon & she didn't have a response - she had already taken the coupon an didn't offer to let me see it. We paid the bill with one credit card to avoid an additional $1.00 charge and left without making a scene so she could keep her $2.00 tip (from the coupon shortage)! We had to get back to work at this point. If you offer a by one get one - why make it off of a higher priced meal if you don't really want to give something away for free in the 1st place? We would have ordered the gyro sandwich for $6.95 you would not have loss as much money if that is how you look at it. She argued, she had a bad attitude and she was rude! You give coupons to bring people into your business so they will be repeat customer - we will never repeat and quite frankly want our money back for such bad service and bad food. Never ever go to this restaurant - its the worse experience I have ever had and that is saying something! I gave it one star because you have to give it something but I would give this about a negative 10 stars - its not worth your time or money unless you like rude service and terrible beef jerky gyro meat!

2  Thank tab6871

Reviewed June 27, 2009

Seven days a week "it's Greek to Me" serves a Middle Eatern lunch buffet that is full of the favorite Greek dishes we all know and love.
You will seat yourself in their dining room either by the buffet or near a window The manager of the restaurant is usually the only employee visible. He is hustling around the dining room refilling drinks, cleaning tables processing paymrents, etc. He is always very friendly and upbeat. Although the one employee set-up looks like a way to save on labor cost, it works. You might wait a few moments for a beverage refill or have to flag him down to pay your check, but you won't mind after indulging in their fresh and stocked buffet.
From right to left you'll begin with a salad bar that includes a fresh salad mix, olives and a Greek dressing. The Dolmas are also on the salad table and seem to be one of the favorites.
They offer traditional Gyro meat with triangle Pita wedges. A fluffy Greek rice and a baked Greek chicken. The chicken is dark meat only, but juicy and flavorful.
The place is a vegetarian wonderland with fresh veggies and creative Eggplant casseroles. The day I dined here, the Eggplant Mousaka was the best item on the buffet. I loved the Gyros but I found myself going back for more Mousaka verses the meat.
If you have saved any room for dessert, they have only one. A rice pudding with Cinnamon. It is a good Pallet cleanser, but a little dissapointing. A little runny and not much flavor except for the Cinnamon. I have learned to overlook the dessert and go out for ice cream later.
I recommend "It's Greek to Me" even for the picky eaters. Whether your on a diet, a vegetarian or just really hungry, you will leave satisfied.

Reviewed April 21, 2008

Reasonably good food, but the prices are too high for what it is. Like most "Greek" restaurants in the area, the food seems more Lebanese than Greek to me.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 23, 2008

Like a lot of Greek restaurants, the prices are high - but here, they are an insulting high, especially for the quality of the food.

The buffet is $11.95 - during lunch - and there is no Tabouli, Tahini or Baba Ganouj on the buffet!

The Greek Salad had no Feta cheese, and yet was extremely salty - cheap iceberg lettuce, and somewhat wilted.

I got the Chicken Souvlaki sandwich - and it tasted like something you got frozen and then microwaved. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good.

I came in from a blustering 32F degrees to a blustering 45F degrees in the restaurant. I mentioned to the waiter/proprietor how cold I was, so I was going to order something warm.

The sandwich had a big helping of ice cold Tzatziki sauce that was so cold, you could almost mold it like Play-Doh.

I've been to this restaurant before, but it has been a while... and now I remember why I haven't been in a while.

In a nutshell, the prices are ridiculously high and the food extremely mediocre.

For another Greek place not too far away, I'd recommend Tasty Greek in Carrollton or Fadi's in Plano.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook