“A nice Cotton Patch dinner”
Review of Cotton Patch Cafe

Cotton Patch Cafe
Ranked #21 of 287 Restaurants in Lewisville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dallas, Texas
“A nice Cotton Patch dinner”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Cotton Patch is a good chain of American Food. The Lewisville Cotton Patch lives up the standards that you can expect from this chain. The staff was friendly and helpful from the first step into the door until the front door closed on the way out.

My dish was a Cajun Duo. It was delicious salmon with a cajun spiced sause and shrimp on top. The other dish from our party was the 6 ounce steak and a child's grilled cheese sandwich. Everyone was pleased.

• Visited July 2013

Lewisville, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Has gone downhill”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I used to go here quite regularly. Over the last couple of years, it has really declined. Several times I have gone, they are out of various sides. One time it was black eyed peas, the next time it was the peas and green beans. How can a restaraunt as this run out of either of these two items? They have recently added an outside patio area. I was told by a waiter, that when it was completed we would be able to smoke outside, as is the case with any outside dining area I've ever been to. The last time we were there, we had an inside table since it was cold outside and while waiting on food, a couple of us stepped out on the patio to smoke. No one else was outside on the patio. We were very rudely told that smoking was not allowed on the patio. I can accept that they may not want people smoking there IF there are others outside eating in that area. I can't accept the MANNER in which we told not to smoke on the patio. I would go to this facility at least once a month and bought dinner for at least 3 people each time. Even though I have tolerated the food shortage and even poor service prior, I will never return due to the service on my last visit.

• Visited March 2013
Irving, Texas, USA
“Watch out!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently ordered the chicken and dumplings at the Cotton Patch in Lewisville, TX. Tasted kind of strange, and I should have sent them back, but decided my taste was off. Within a couple of hours I was very sick, running to the bathroom. Called to inform management (not really to complain) and was more of less "blown off." Dumplings made fresh, kept at 160 degrees etc. and thank you for the courtesy call. Later the manager called say that she had discovered that a leaking bottle of cleaning fluid had been stored next to the flour used to make the dumplings, and the flour had been contaminated. But nothing beyond that, no offer of a complimentary meal to make up for the mistake (not that I would have taken it) or anything else. I do not think I will be returning to the Cotton Patch any time soon, if ever! Traveler beware!

• Visited April 2013