“Great service, great food, expensive price”
Review of Indigo Indian Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Indigo Indian Bistro
Cuisines: Indian
Bedford, Texas
“Great service, great food, expensive price”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went to this location a week after Valentine's Day. I saw that it had opened up, but my S.O. was actually the one to suggest that we go there. I had not had Indian food for a while, and I was really craving it.

The price was a little high, but the quality of service that we received was much better than an average sit down restaurant. My chair was pulled out for me when I was seated which really impressed me. We were given a free appetizer to start (chef's choice), and the rice was apparently unlimited. We never had to ask for a refill on our drinks either. It was extremely speedy and catered service. I think that this makes up for the increase in price.

I feel that this is by far the best Inian restaurant I have ever been to, and that includes the Clay Pot and Flavors in Addison.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank vacations4kim

Dallas, Texas
“Never ever had Indian food before and must admit”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We really enjoyed it. They just opened a week or so ago and I noticed it about two weeks ago when I went in to get a bagel at Einstein's next door. Then last night we were going to go have a sandwich at Jason's Deli and suggested to my wife that we give Indigo Indian Bistro a try as it is also in the same strip center as Jason's & Einstein's and she said what will we have and I said I don't know but let's give it a go.
We went in and it was very quiet (and early - about 5:45pm). The colors were nice and the furnishings were above standard fare (I look at these bits of detail as I believe it says a lot about the restaurant or company.)
We admitted to the server that we had never been into a Indian restaurant and did not have a clue as to what we should order or what we might even like. Rafi, the waiter (and come to find out a partner) said not to worry, leave it to him so we did. What an enjoyable dinner. We started with two types of appetizer with a couple of sauces, 1 sweet and one a spicier cilantro based. All were excellent.
Then came out a nice medley of main courses. A couple of pieces of Chicken Tempura, a adequate bowl of a diced white meat chicken in a tasty sauce with a nice amount of heat, another bowl of a lamb based stew and a black lintel bean concoction and a potato/garlic/onion side. When we go back I would be happy to repeat everything except the lamb and possibly the potato dish. I think it is more a circumstance that culturally, we have never eaten lamb and I just do not have a taste for it. Don't get me wrong, I would eat it again, but would have been just as happy eating all the other dishes. The potato dish was just not as tasty as I thought it would have been as I am a potato eater. We also started with a nice cracker made of something with rice and mustard seed. It was good, I recognized the flavor but still have yet to pinpoint where (I look forward to this aha! moment.) Finished off dinner with a small bowl of rice pudding that was good.
They are also open for lunch with a buffet which they said is an excellent way to discover the different dishes and must agree that this is a good idea.
These people are genuinely nice people and enjoy serving their customers good food. We really enjoyed the experience, the food, the conversation and look forward to going back with friends soon.

• Visited February 2013