“Great Hotel will stay again!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Very clean, friendly and accomodating!!! Staff was great. Great breakfast just wished the eggs were real scrambled eggs. Our room was great!! Loved how the toilet and shower/tub were separate from the dressing area/sink.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank goodwin1964

Reviewed January 31, 2009

Having not stayed in Lewisville before I asked a business associate for a suggestion. They lead me to the Holiday Inn Express and it worked out great! Very close to the company I was visiting and close to several very good places to eat.

Upon arriving mid-day the room was ready to go. The front desk clerk was happy to assist me and very helpful. I was given a goodie bag with a water and chips in it as I'm a Priority Club member.

The room was big and had plenty of walking room in it. I hadn't been to a hotel with this much room to walk around in a long time. There was an in room refrigerator and microwave and all the typical hotel findings for a HI-Express.

My only concern for the property is the entry driveway. It's a little uninviting and should be better landscaped. It seems like the property sits too far off the road and something could be built in front of it in the future. The drive way is long and had no bushes or landscaping to speak of. This should have been dressed up a little bit to make it feel nicer upon arrival.

Around the corner seemed to be a mall or shopping center of sorts. There are several places to eat that appeared to be busy for a Wednesday night.

Easy on and easy off the freeway from this property so it was easy to find and easy to get back on the freeway. (not often something you can claim in Texas if you're not familiar with the freeway/highway system.

Also around the corner is another hotel of a mid-priced major chain, but my contact suggested I avoid that hotel as it is a little dated. So I was happy with this suggestion and would stay here again when I return to Lewisville.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Travel_Around_Town
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stayed here on Priority Club points, which means I stayed for free. So - the main issue was cleanliness. Thank goodness there were two double beds, because one bed did not look like the sheets were changed. The other one looked crisp and clean.
There were stains on the carpert.
Overall, rather shabby for a relatively new hotel. Would not come back. Even for free.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2008

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. We booked through Hotwire and got a good rate, yet staff still treated us as though we were paying full price. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast is excellent. The fitness room is well maintained. The rooms are clean and very big.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank HICAtraveler
Reviewed December 27, 2007

I recently stayed at the HIE while in town for a wedding. I stay in hotels several times a year and have to say that if I could take this particular HIE with me on all my trips I would. Upon checking in we were greeted by a friendly staffer who offered us hot drinks to help warm us up from the cold, rainy weather. Our first set of keys didn't work on our doors so the woman at the desk not only made new keys for us but walked us down to our room just to make sure they worked. We need to have adjoining rooms to accommodate children and the staff made sure that we got them, I mention this because this has been a problem at other establishments. The rooms at the HIE are some of the largest I've stayed in. The bathroom was large with more than enough counter/mirror space for two people to get ready at once. The toilet/shower area had very high ceilings coupled with a larger than usual shower/tub that alleviated the normal feeling of showering right under/on top of the person in the room over/under you. The shower head was a rainshower with great pressure and plenty of hot water. The room had a mini-fridge and microwave and a desk to set up my laptop and get online with their free wi-fi. There was an over sized leather chair and ottoman in the corner for reading. The beds were so comfortable that I don't think I moved all night! Instead of the traditional tacky bedspread, they had a plain white cover and duvet. Pillows came in soft and firm, labeled on the cases, so there's no reason that anyone wouldn't be comfortable. The next morning when we went to the "continental" breakfast we were expecting the usual selection of cold cereal and donuts. This was my son's favorite part of our stay. They had a real breakfast. Eggs, sausage, waffles, french toast, cinnamon rolls along with the standard hot/cold cereal and pastries. The breakfast area was clean, well lit and there was a staffer present at all times to keep things stocked. I frequently travel to Dallas and will now be making the HIE in Lewisville my new hotel away from home. The location is ideal with plenty to do, see and eat within a 5 mile radius.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2007

I was in Lewisville for business, and the Holiday Inn Express was the place my company chose for us to stay. Good choice! The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are huge. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, as well as a coffeepot. The breakfast was great, with plenty of choices including bacon and eggs. There's a little "business center" room with two computers for guests to use -- handy, because I didn't want to wrangle my laptop on this trip. The friendly shuttle drivers took us to the business site and in the evenings ran us over to the Vista Ridge Mall and to various restaurants. The shuttle only goes in a 5 mile radius, so you need to take a cab or airporter van if you have to get to DFW. The only complaint I had was a little picky one... we didn't get fresh toiletries every day, though I'm sure if we'd made a fuss, we would have gotten them.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2007

Went to Dallas area for work and stayed at this hotel. The staff were great and very helpful. I'm not one to sleep well in beds other then mine, but I slept well the week I stayed there. The bed pillow situation was almost unreal! There were tons compared to other "budget" hotels and you have your choice between "firm" and "soft"...I know this because the pillowcases are embroidered telling you what they were. The room was spacious and clean and the showers were good too. I am looking forward to staying there again when I am down there for work.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business