“Easy access - good value.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Wichita, Kansas
“Easy access - good value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff made the stay pleasant. Very busy location. We arrived late and found just a few parking spots open. Rooms are spacious.

• Stayed June 2012
gsmith5420, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We are fortunate that our hotel is positioned in a location that avails itself to shopping and restaurants all within walking distance so it's a very good spot for our guest to get around the immediate area. I am glad to hear that even arriving late you found our staff to be pleasant. Our goal is to always make our guests feel welcomed no matter the hour. Thank you for the compliment on our rooms and I do agree they are indeed spacious. We hope to see you 2013.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at this property for one night in May 2012 while in the area on business. I was sold a room with a king bed for $89. It is a newer facility, positioned in the north DFW metroplex that features a considerable number of business parks and shopping/dining options. It is easily identified in the area and signage is appropriate.

The exterior of the property is clean and well kept. Parking is adequate for the number of rooms and is well lit. The area seems safe but there was signage in the area related to vehicle break-ins.

The lobby is clean and well kept with an adjacent breakfast area and business center. During my stay one of the PCs in the center was marked out of service. Check-in was a time consuming proposition as the reservation could not be found. Despite the fact that I had confirmation in hand, the clerk seemed uncertain as to how to proceed. While she was very polite and apologetic the key point was to get me to my room and figure the rest out later. She missed that point. Customer service first - every single time.

Elevator service was prompt and the cabs were found to be clean and well maintained.

Interior hallways to the guest rooms were found to be narrower than typically seen, but clean and well lit. Electronic locks to access the guest rooms worked properly.

The room was more spacious than that typically seen within this brand. It was clean and appeared fresh. The work desk was much larger than average, a nice touch appreciated by the business traveller. The work desk light was problematic as the electric access point on it for laptops and similar gear was non-functional. To access power I had to move the dresser and television and locate a wall plug. This is an attention to detail issue that should be inspected monthly all through the house. The remainder of room lights and electronics were found to be in good repair. Bedding was clean, comfortable and typical for the price point.

The bath area was found to be clean and neat, although some of the promised amenities were not properly stocked. Water pressure was excellent and hot water delivery was prompt. The sink and mirror are outside the main bath, not a large deal for a single traveller but something that would be appreciated by couples or families travelling together.

The breakfast was typical for the brand and price point. The staff in that area were polite, helpful and welcoming.

Check-out was a prompt affair and I was thanked for my business and invited back. Certainly check-out was smoother than check-in.

This is a property that lives up to the brand's billing. I do not believe that I would choose it for an extended business stay, but for an overnight stay it is a clean, appropriate choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank cburley
gsmith5420, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your detailed comments on your previous stay. I really appreciate you pointing out areas that you felt should be addressed. It is not often that we get this specific type of feedback, and therefore I would like to personally say thanks! We always strive to only deliver the best service and we hope that if your travels bring you back to the Lewisville area, we will see you again!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have stayed at this location on three occasions over the past 4 months while traveling for business. Each time the accommodations were pristine, comfortable, quiet, and staff were professional and attentive. I would also recommend this location because it offers easy on-n-off access to freeway system and makes getting anyway in greater DFW simple.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments! We very much appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and hope that we see you again as your travels bring you back to the Lewisville area.
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was travelling for business and really had no idea where I was or what hotel to choose. This hotel was very convenient & looked clean and new, so I decided to give it a try.

This was a great choice. Based on my experience I would have no problem recommending it to others. From my initial check in to check out everything was great. Even though I didn't have a reservation, they got me a great room at a good price.

They seem to cater to the business traveler. They had a pretty good breakfast every morning, which saved time by going elsewhere.

The room I was in was a little noisy & it was hard to sleep the first night. But rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012
Franklin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

A pleasant stay here in Texas. Friendly check in - assigned to a large clean room with a refrigerator and microwave, Yes, little things do count - nice selection of TV channels. Only 2 single serve coffee - 1 regular and 1 decaf. A standard Holiday Inn breakfast was served but was great - things were hot and fresh.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate and comment.
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

After a long travel day I was excited to check in to my hotel. I waited for several moments, staring at the empty desk until a lady came in. She didn't apologize, or really smile…just went through the motions of checking me in. The room was fine and standard which I was satisfied with...except no lotion in the rooms.

The next day I wanted to head to the pool, but the pool is closed for the winter. It was 80 degrees out and I asked if I could sit on the sundeck as this is why I chose this hotel. I was declined. Interesting enough, the Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn down the street had their pool open but had no vacancy. The Manager was kind though, so I put a towel on the grass out back by the ghetto lake and sat.

Because I am platinum status I did receive a room upgrade on day 3/6. However; the hot water in the jacuzzi tub would not work. I decided to decline going back to the front desk to say anything. The only REALLY nice front desk agent was Melissa. She was funny, understanding and smiling and honestly the hotel is lucky to have her. When I came and left, she would smile and wish me a nice day...the other agents I saw throughout my week didn't look up from their computers.

Holiday Inn Express Lewisville - I have stayed with you a few times, but this will be my last. There are too many other hotels to choose from.

Room Tip: If you are a platinum member, ask about a room upgrade. The pool is supposed to be closed until Mar...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
gsmith5420, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
We regret that our return guest was unable to utilize our pool area, but our pool is not heated so it is closed during every winter season. IHG, the parent Franchisor, changed the website this past year and for some reason the notes that were entered detailing the pool winter closure were never uploaded and we apologize for that. The situation is under investigation.

I am very startled by the fact that you did not feel welcome, as our staff has always been highly spoken of and awarded for their customer service skills. Melissa is great, and I appreciate your comments about her.

Thank you again for your comments and best of luck in your future travels.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Noticed extremely clean lobby as soon as we walked in. Front desk receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very spacious (we had a double queen), plenty of room for luggage and still plenty of room to walk around, large desk to work and have laptop, beds are comfortable with 4 very comfortable standard sized pillows each, and shower head was fantastic. Breakfast (included) was very good with cheese omlettes, biscuits, sausage, pancakes, sweet rolls, cereal, juices, etc. Only drawback is they have only one elevator which was a bit slow from time to time. Maybe due to several athletic teams staying the weekend. We took the stairs (from the 4th floor) down but was not exhausting at all. In fact, good exercise! Not noisy at all, though, considering the young people staying. Location is great -- lots of restaurants to choose from, a mall across the street, Costco next door, and right next to highway. Cannot say anything negative that would keep me from not coming back. Booked this through Hotwire and was a great deal. Will return!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to rate and comment. We are delighted that you had a very positive stay experience.