“Enjoyed our stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Clean room and quiet area. We used our reward points to stay and I would stay here again. Nice location and not too far from Six Flags and Cowboys stadium. The free breakfast in the morning was nice. No complaints here! Hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Take a clip for the curtains. Rooms that face the parking lot get very bright at night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are always happy to hear about great experiences at the Country Inn and Suites Lewisville. Our team continues to work hard to make sure every stay is an exceptional stay. Thank you for your loyalty with our brand and we can't wait to see you next time when travels bring you back to our town!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were in Dallas for a night on our way to Six Flags over Texas the next morning. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly when we arrived, and he invited our kids to join the basketball team that was in the breakfast room for some free ice cream!

The rooms were a little small, but clean and reasonably up to date! The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean, and hot water and water pressure were never a problem!

The fresh coffee at night (in the lobby) was appreciated and above average for hotel coffee!

There was a basketball team staying here also, and everyone was friendly and respectful late at night. We didn't have any problems with noise from other rooms, the hallway, etc...

The only recommendation I could make would be in the breakfast area. There is only one waffle maker. The line waiting to use the waffle maker was backed up and blocking the entrance into the breakfast area. Adding an additional waffle maker and changing it's location would really help smooth out the breakfast process!

It was a good stay. It wasn't anything fancy, but we were just looking for a clean, comfortable place to spend the night. We feel that we definitely got that at a great value!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BrittanyWade, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you so much for for your feedback. We truly value your comments and concerns and try our hardest to make sure you continue to have a great experience at our hotel. We are happy that you were pleased with some of the special items that we have for our guest such as ice cream social, coffee, and fresh baked cookies! This is just a small way of showing how much we appreciate our new and returning guest. I will pass your kind remarks along to my team to share the excitement. If you are ever in the area again please don't hesitate to stop by. We would love to be your home away from home!

At Your Service,

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Recently we spent a week at this hotel, mainly due to a special deal we got through a conference we were attending. My expectations were low before we came, but we left huge fans of this hotel chain (so much so that we canceled our reservations for a future trip and booked exclusively Country Inn & Suites for it). We travel quite a bit and have stayed at extremely expensive hotels as well as less expensive ones, but regardless, we have never experienced the service we received at this hotel. Every single staff member went out of their way to make sure that our trip was enjoyable. The front desk personnel were exceptional, more to happy to help us with an early check-in, greeted us every time we came through the lobby, and worked nonstop to keep the lobby's cookie supply constantly stocked. The maid service was incredible and they even anticipated our needs without us even having to ask, providing extra supplies they noticed we used a lot. Whenever we exited our room and the maids were in the hallway, they always apologized for being in our way and stepped out of the way, pulling their carts along with them to make more room for us as we passed. I have never seen such friendly and helpful maids. The breakfast room attendants were wonderful and we had a delicious hot breakfast free of charge every morning. Unlike most hotels, there was a long period for you to eat so you didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get your breakfast. Early or late, the staff was more than happy to serve, and they kept the trays stocked so no one went away hungry, even if you arrived moments before the scheduled time for breakfast to end. Friendly, efficient, and boy did they keep the place clean. While there are fancier hotels, none I have ever visited provided such hospitality, such service, nor so welcoming. I felt like I was at home but with an amazing staff. Their amenities were very nice with a loaner library, a swimming pool and convenient laundry facilities. The rooms were nice and homey with double lights between the two queen beds, a nice feature that allowed me to sit up in bed and read while my daughter went to sleep in the other bed without having the light shining in her eyes. The beds were very comfortable and we had no trouble sleeping at all. We especially liked the location that is close to both 121 and 35 for easy access to any location in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Restaurants are within walking distance and there are so many to choose from that there is certain to be a lot of choices you will enjoy. This hotel will make you so comfortable you will never experience that I can't wait to get home feeling often felt when you are away from home. You can pay a whole lot more for a hotel in this area but no where will you be treated as special nor will you experience that special Country Inn feeling you get from staying here.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed being on the second floor though you always risk a noisy neighbor upstairs (we did...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for letting us know how much you truly valued your experience at our hotel. We are excited to know that you will be staying with us when your future travels bring you back to the area. Our brand has so many new exciting things to offer and we can't to take the opportunity to you experience them. Since you enjoyed our hotel and the brand so much, I would recommend joining our Club Carlson rewards program. This way you will start receiving free nights faster then any other rewards program in the industry! I have shared your kind words with my staff and they really appreciated the feedback. Again thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here as a group over the weekend, and the staff welcomed our boys' baseball team with a poster in the lobby! The rooms and lobby were very clean, and the breakfast was fantastic. The staff even opened breakfast early due to our teams playing early that day. Fresh coffee and cookies were available in the lobby, and the indoor pool was a big hit. Great service at a great price, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
BrittanyWade, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

We are so happy that your group stayed with us during this exciting time of the year. Our staff greatly appreciates all feedback and wish your team luck for the remaining games soon to come. If you are ever in our area again please don't hesitate to give us a call and we will be more then happy to welcome you and team home again!

At Your Service,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had booked us in with another group of hotels and when we got in the room it was like the horror stories you hear. I immediately went and got a refund. Pulled out my Carlson club card and tried booking it on the iPhone to Country Inn & Suites. Would not work, went to the Inn asked if I could use the Internet to booked because I have points and the manager was great. I booked our room. Went to the front desk to check in and she upgraded us to a suite no charge and the staff there was just lovely. I have stayed with them several times before and I have always enjoyed the staff the cleanliness and how good they treat everyone. They even are animal friendly and that is a plus in my book. Thank you Country Inn and Suites you made are stay great. Great Breakfast also with coffee and cookies served during the day. Yummy!

• Stayed: February 2013
BrittanyWade, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you so much for being a loyal Club Carlson member. We really appreciated your feedback. I'm glad we were able to accomodate you with a new room and a complimentary upgrade. If you are ever in town again and need a place to call home please don't hesitate to give us a call and we will get you all set up.

Thanks,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

While traveling in Texas with my dog I happened to stop at this hotel. As luck would have it they had a beautiful King Suite on the second floor. I stayed for three nights and we loved it. The room was kept very clean, the staff answered every question I had. They also offered some information about things that were in the area. They do have a 25 dollar pet fee but it was worth that to me to have my dog there. He loves people and everyone made a fuss over him too. The location of this hotel is SUPER. You are about 15 minutes from downtown Dallas. The airports are close. Shopping is next door in a mall. There are several resturants in the area. This hotel is a place that I would go to again. I did not have a reservation and they made me feel very welcome from the second I walked in the door. I love Texas and your hospitality was great. Keep those smiles on your face because you have a super hotel .

Room Tip: Since I had a dog I was glad to have a room that was near the stairs and close to an outside door...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
BrittanyWade, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback. We truly value your comments. We love our furry friends and always welcome you when you are in town. If you are ever in our area again please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip,it wasn't a bad experience, but I had a better over night stay across the parking lot at the Comfort Inn. the rooms where clean, but breakfast needs to be adjusted some. not a whole lot to choose from. I had a room facing the parking so I had the parking lot lights shining into my room and they were bright. once I figured out the curtains it did get better. but on the bright side , I did come there without reservations on another trip and they were able to place me across the parking lot and bill the Country Inn for the stay, that was VERY helpful.i am thankful for that. I would stay again and recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: do not get a room facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
BrittanyWade, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Hi Mr. John,

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I apologize that the lighting in the parking lot wasn't helpful in regards to a restful night. I will pass along the comments to my breakfast hostess and we will see to it that the next experience you have with us will be an exceptional experience. When you are in town again, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,