“It's been my favourite in Dallas for 4 years”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisville
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I travel very often to Dallas. In Spetember 2007 I discovered this place, can't remember how. Maybe Google. It's been my choice since then. Very nice people, clean place, fitness center (a most for me, I'm a runner and they have very good treadmills), freshly baked cookies every night, free wireless Internet access, warm pool... Last year mi flight home was canceled and AA sent me to the Hilton in the airport area... man I missed the Country Inn... The Hilton was very expensive, everything at an extra charge (fitness center, Internet access) and the room was just like the Country Inn (maybe older furniture). Excellent place to stay. You can walk to Vista Ridge Mall.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed January 25, 2011

A business associate and I stayed at the Lewisville Country Inn and Suites while visiting horse farms in the Denton, Pilot Point area. I was impressed with the courtesy and professional nature of the front desk person on arrival. The rooms were clean, smelled great and the bed was so comfortable.The free morning breakfast was one of the best I have had at any hotel. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance if you desire. Sign up for Gold Card points and take advantage of the free stays. We did and it was great.
My partner liked the fact that they still allowed smoking in some rooms. Go figure !

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Overall, this hotel is a great value. They tend to run some great deals so if you need to be in the area, this is a good choice.

The hotel lobby tries to have a feel of an inn or bed and breakfast. There's a nice staircase with a bookshelf, including books you can borrow to read. There are usually fresh baked cookies and coffee available all day as well.

The beds in this hotel are firm, yet comfortable and have fairly nice sheets.
I've already returned to this hotel and will probably stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We are very disappointed in the services provided. The swimming pool was not in service. We were supposed to stay for 6 days. The toilet paper and tissues ran out and were not replenished. Had to ask for soap. Renevations of the next door room started at 700 am and awakended us. It was also noisy at 3:00 pm so the baby could not nap. Many of the lamps are falling out of the wall. I could not recommend this place, nor will I stay here on future visits to Dalls.

Mary S

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My family and I stayed one night at the Lewisville Country Inn and Suites by Carlson in August, 2007. We had stayed here in July 1999 for two nights when we were moving from the Lewisville area. The property needs a little refreshing (missing some paint on the bathroom door, carpet a bit stained) but it is a good place to stay in Lewisville. The location is fantastic - walking distance to a very large mall plus a lot of good places to eat. They had homemade chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies when we checked in (at about 9 p.m.). The best part was the extremely comfortable beds - it was difficult to get up the next morning. They have an adequate breakfast buffet with make it yourself waffles, yogurt, pastries, cereal and bagels. The breakfast room is a bit small but the lobby is nice and inviting with a fireplace and a small library of books to borrow. We would probably stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2007

My husband and I stayed here over Christmas to avoid crowding at my sister-in-law's. At first I was a little apprehensive - not being with family all the time on such an important holiday. But the Country Inn and Suites was so homey and welcoming, I was quickly won over. We arrived to some fresh-baked cookies, and our room was very nice. But the best part for us was that we could walk over to the adjacent mall and get much of our Christmas shopping done without having to rely on someone to come pick us up. With everything nearby, we could be completely self-sufficient without a vehicle, something we're very used to as New Yorkers. We'll definitely be back next year.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2006

I spent three nights in this hotel while I was in North Texas for a friend's wedding.

Overall, I was quite pleased. The bed was very comfortable and I slept great the entire time I was there. The front lobby is very welcoming, and I really liked the large staircase leading upstairs to the second floor.

However, my stay was not without its problems. While the hotel advertises that they have "free wireless Internet access", I had a terrible time getting it to work; I could only use it for a few minutes at a time. This is extremely frustrating when you're staying in a hotel for a few days and depend on email for communication with the rest of the world! I dragged my laptop down to the lobby hoping that it would work better down there, but no luck. I asked at the front desk if there was a hidden network jack someplace in the room and found out that there wasn't. Had I known the Internet access was so poor I would have picked another hotel around the Vista Ridge Mall (of which there are a bunch!)

One other (very minor) issue - the shower in my room had water pressure that was extremely low... I wondered if they had bought a new type of shower head that put out 1.6 CUPS of water a minute instead of gallons!

All things considered, I would stay at this hotel again. The location is great - right off of I35E and located near a large mall and lots of shops and restaurants. Very easy access to just about anything you'd want on an extended stay. If they'd clear up the Internet access issue, this could be one of the best hotels in this price range in the area!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mwhite96