“The best thing about this place is the variety of foods at breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Lewisville

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Livermore, CA
“The best thing about this place is the variety of foods at breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days. The cons:The room decor was tired and sparse. There was no luggage rack, the upholstered chair was stained, and one thin blanket on the bed was not enough (there were no extra blankets or pillows in the room). We had to go downstairs to ask for shampoo as there was only conditioner in the room...and apparently 1 bottle was to be enough as nothing, not even the soap, was ever replaced.. The toilet didn't flush properly, and despite asking that it be fixed...it wasn't. My husband finally was able to make it work ok.

The pros: The room was clean. The breakfast buffet had a variety of items although no cook-it-yourself waffles or pancakes. Lots of different microwavable items plus the standard ceral, fruit, oatmeal, bagels, etc.

We have stayed at other hotels in the area with comparable rates, and we won't be back here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
accordex7013, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, we strive for service perfection, and we apologize that we have fallen short of our goal-the issues have been addressed and corrected, please visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Abilene, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

We arrived quite late, after 12:30 AM, and Mr. Quiles, and Mr. Quiles, welcomed us warmly. Our children had been in the car for five hours, having spent much of that time waiting in a line of cars to view Prairie Lights. By the time we got to the hotel, everyone was exhausted. Mr. Quiles got us checked in promptly, and then offered to get out some breakfast food for us in case our children were hungry. While we did not need much, we definitely appreciated the gesture. He graciously filled a couple of cups with orange juice and gave us some yoghurt.

We had to get up early to go to DFW. I asked Mr. Quiles to call our room at 3:30, but we woke up before the call, so I phoned Mr. Quiles to cancel the call. He immediately offered to make coffee for my wife and me and lay out breakfast, even though it was not supposed to begin for a couple of more hours at least. While we did not have time to eat, we did accept some fruit which Mr. Quiles also generously offered.

We could not be more appreciative for the excellent service we were given.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! It's so good to hear that our night auditor was able to accommodate you in each and every way. We look forward to seeing you again if you ever return to the area!
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on Monday night. Hotel was not very busy. Was visiting relatives in Carrollton & was only 5 minute drive away. Great location as 1 minute to vista ridge mall and nice restaurants. Easy access by car via I35. Hotel is far enough from highways that road noise is not noticeable . Hotel is pretty well maintained & location is less than 10 yrs old. They do have an indoor pool but we did not use it. It looked maintained. Breakfast was comp. & about avg. ( cereal,boiled eggs , but they did have breakfast sandwiches that were microwaveable).Coffe was extra strong, not so good, but coffee makers in room . I really had no major issues. Only one thing I noticed was when we came back to hotel, the staff was outside smoking. They did go back to " man desk" but the smell of cigarette smoke had filtered into lobby. Beds were avg comfort, plenty of pillows. Everything worked in room, local cable on flat screen tv. All & all a good stay, as rates are usually in $70-$85 per night range. Would not want to pay much more as it was really just avg on comfort. Very nice area around hotel & did not feel security was an issue.

• Stayed December 2011
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

As a business traveler, I rarely seem room rates below $100/night anymore, so I was very pleasantly surprised at the value I received at this Fairfield Inn.

I stayed for two nights on business. The hotel is less than a block from the highway, and less than 20 minutes from DFW, even with some traffic.

At check-in, the desk clerk was very helpful with providing suggestions for dinner. Check-in was quick and easy.

My room was like a scaled down Courtyard (e.g., same closet, but no door on the closet). In fact, in some respects, it was better than a few Courtyards I have stayed in recently. The Fairfield had a refrigerator and microwave in the room and a complimentary breakfast. My room had two queen beds. The bed was quite comfortable. There was also a new flat-screen Phillips TV. The room was super clean and everything was in working order. Even the shampoo was better than I had expected (Pantene). My room was very quiet, and the air conditioning unit (although old) worked like a champ.

For me, I absolutely must work out every morning, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a small fitness room with 2 treadmills and a Precor elliptical. Even better, the fitness room was open 24/7, which was priceless for me since I had an early morning flight on Friday (but still wanted to squeeze in a workout).

The breakfast was a perfectly fine expanded continental breakfast. The pastries/breads were quite fresh and there was a nice selection of fruits, cereals, and yogurts.

I ate at BJs Brewhouse, across the parking lot from the Costco. While the microbrew beer and service were good, I was underwhelmed with the food. However, certainly not a bad option if you are just looking for a place to walk to.

The night manager at the Fairfield was super friendly; I wish I had gotten his name (he was originally from Brooklyn).

Although there is a Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn located nearby, I can't see paying more when the Fairfield had everything I needed. There was even a small indoor pool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nittany&Fargo
Sulphur, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

We got stuck in Dallas on May 23...no help from AA to find hotel, car or flight. After checking with approx 8 hotels with no rooms available I spoke with a ver nice helpful young lady at a Marriott Hotel. This particular hotel did not have a room for us but the young lady searched the other Marriott properties and found us a room at the Fairfield Inn in Lewisville Texas. None of the other hotels I called offered to do that for us. (I used the directory that the airport has on the courtesy phone area.) She apologized that since it was after 9:00 pm the shuttle from the hotel was closed so we would have to take a cab to the hotel. FYI the cab was 33.00 + a tip. We were greeted by a very nice helpful clerk. The room was very clean and we would defineatly stay here again. The breakfast area was clean and there was a good choice of food. The people on duty in the morning were just as nice and helpful. I had to mail a package to my home that I could not carry on the plane and the GM offered to take me to a store so I could mail my package. Awesome people. Thanks for all the help

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank peglyj
Double Oak, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

Well-worn room across from noisy elevator and vending. Never could get temperature adjusted properly on dilapidated heat/cool unit. Minimal amenities and old TV. Did not use wireless internet so can't comment on that. Rather threatening looking individuals hanging out in lobby when we returned at night (friends of clerk, I think). This place is surrounded by other similar facilities and we'll look elsewhere next trip. This, despite our "Silver Elite" membership in the Marriott rewards program. Some things are more important than loyalty points.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

This Fairfield was all right but sort of on the edge of going downhill as compared to the overall chain. The rate was OK for what I got though. 2 major items - the microwave was broken and there was no luggage rack (tip #1 for bed bug prevention - always put your bag on the rack - not furniture and definitely not the floor).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo