“Very nice hotel for the price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed August 29, 2011

As a business traveler, I rarely seem room rates below $100/night anymore, so I was very pleasantly surprised at the value I received at this Fairfield Inn.

I stayed for two nights on business. The hotel is less than a block from the highway, and less than 20 minutes from DFW, even with some traffic.

At check-in, the desk clerk was very helpful with providing suggestions for dinner. Check-in was quick and easy.

My room was like a scaled down Courtyard (e.g., same closet, but no door on the closet). In fact, in some respects, it was better than a few Courtyards I have stayed in recently. The Fairfield had a refrigerator and microwave in the room and a complimentary breakfast. My room had two queen beds. The bed was quite comfortable. There was also a new flat-screen Phillips TV. The room was super clean and everything was in working order. Even the shampoo was better than I had expected (Pantene). My room was very quiet, and the air conditioning unit (although old) worked like a champ.

For me, I absolutely must work out every morning, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a small fitness room with 2 treadmills and a Precor elliptical. Even better, the fitness room was open 24/7, which was priceless for me since I had an early morning flight on Friday (but still wanted to squeeze in a workout).

The breakfast was a perfectly fine expanded continental breakfast. The pastries/breads were quite fresh and there was a nice selection of fruits, cereals, and yogurts.

I ate at BJs Brewhouse, across the parking lot from the Costco. While the microbrew beer and service were good, I was underwhelmed with the food. However, certainly not a bad option if you are just looking for a place to walk to.

The night manager at the Fairfield was super friendly; I wish I had gotten his name (he was originally from Brooklyn).

Although there is a Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn located nearby, I can't see paying more when the Fairfield had everything I needed. There was even a small indoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Nittany&Fargo

Reviewed June 6, 2011

We got stuck in Dallas on May 23...no help from AA to find hotel, car or flight. After checking with approx 8 hotels with no rooms available I spoke with a ver nice helpful young lady at a Marriott Hotel. This particular hotel did not have a room for us but the young lady searched the other Marriott properties and found us a room at the Fairfield Inn in Lewisville Texas. None of the other hotels I called offered to do that for us. (I used the directory that the airport has on the courtesy phone area.) She apologized that since it was after 9:00 pm the shuttle from the hotel was closed so we would have to take a cab to the hotel. FYI the cab was 33.00 + a tip. We were greeted by a very nice helpful clerk. The room was very clean and we would defineatly stay here again. The breakfast area was clean and there was a good choice of food. The people on duty in the morning were just as nice and helpful. I had to mail a package to my home that I could not carry on the plane and the GM offered to take me to a store so I could mail my package. Awesome people. Thanks for all the help

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank peglyj
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Well-worn room across from noisy elevator and vending. Never could get temperature adjusted properly on dilapidated heat/cool unit. Minimal amenities and old TV. Did not use wireless internet so can't comment on that. Rather threatening looking individuals hanging out in lobby when we returned at night (friends of clerk, I think). This place is surrounded by other similar facilities and we'll look elsewhere next trip. This, despite our "Silver Elite" membership in the Marriott rewards program. Some things are more important than loyalty points.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This Fairfield was all right but sort of on the edge of going downhill as compared to the overall chain. The rate was OK for what I got though. 2 major items - the microwave was broken and there was no luggage rack (tip #1 for bed bug prevention - always put your bag on the rack - not furniture and definitely not the floor).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My family went for a family reunion, we had several children and a rather rowdy group. The hotel staff was very helpful, patient and generally excited to assist us. I have/will recommend to all who visit. The room and hotel were exceptionally clean. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2008

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are always very clean and well taken care of. Our kids love the indoor pool. The breakfast is always very well stocked and has everything that we could want to eat for breakfast. We would highly recommend this hotel especcialy for families with children.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 1, 2006

Spent 6 nights with my wife and 8-year old grand-daughter at the Fairfield Lewisville over Christmas 2005. Great room rate (about $65 per night including tax) and excellent accomodations. Others have noted the hard boiled eggs and waffles available at the "continental" breakfast; plenty of food for those who are health-conscious or just plain hungry! Room amenities include about 6 pillows per bed -- how nice compared to others -- and squeaky clean bedroom and bath. Room was quiet as well. Indoor pool was a hit with our granddaughter (and her local cousins). Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2005