“Great, comfortable place”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Lewisville - Vista Ridge Mall
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I always stay at this Hampton Inn when in town. It is convenient to just about everything and the staff is excellent. The rooms are always clean and the beds are soooo comfortable. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ginger S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Lewisville - Vista Ridge Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for the great review. At Hampton we pride ourselves on guest satisfaction. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stays each time you are in Lewisville. If there is anything I can do to make your future stays more enjoyable, please let us know. Our staff is looking forward to your return stay!

Ginger Smith
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We like Hampton Inn & Suites, and this location is a reason why. We initially walked into our room and the A/C and refrigerator were not working. They immediately moved us to a new room, and brought us a fan, in case the room was not cool enough for us, and because it faced south and they wanted us to be comfortable.

The room was huge and laid out very efficiently. There was a desk in the middle of the room which extended from the exterior wall into the room and separated the couch from the bed. The closet was very large and had plenty of space for our clothes to hang and bags to be stored.

The toilet and shower were separated from the sink so getting ready was made easier for multiple people, and in addition to the sink counter, there was another counter near the door to the room, which had a sink and mirror and could and was used as a second counter for getting ready. It was very nice.

The breakfast area was probably one of the nicest I have seen with ample seating and a very nice serving area, which could be closed off after hours with the seating area still available to be used as a lounge.

One of the more interesting items was the wall opposite the elevators. There is a thin Plexiglas tank with bubbles and LED lighting that changes colors. My children were enthralled with this and ran to it every time we had to take the elevator.

The pool was really great for families, as it had a zero entry area and kids area, then a swimming area, and lastly a hot tub.

The main lobby toilets were even the cleanest I have every seen and smelled great.

They obviously take great pride in this establishment and keep it well maintained and in good working order. I would most definitely stay with my family here again, and probably will sooner than later.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Ginger S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Lewisville - Vista Ridge Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thanks very much for the great review, my team and I are very excited that we were able to provide you with such outstanding service. That is fantastic feedback, and we’ve all enjoyed reading your comments. We are pleased to know that you were able to enjoy every aspect of the hotel, including our complimentary breakfast.

Thank you again, and should there be anything we can do to make future stays more enjoyable, please let us know. We all look forward to seeing you again at Hampton Inn and Suites in Lewisville.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very well-maintained and well-managed hotel. It is conveniently located, and the staff is friendly and helpful. This was my seconds stay here, and I have been very satisfied both times. On both visits, the Texas heat exceeded 100 degrees each day, but the room temperature was always comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ginger S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Lewisville - Vista Ridge Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

We here at The Hampton Inn and Suites are glad to hear that your stays with us go very well! Thank you for choosing our hotel to accommodate you. We know all to well about the Texas heat and are glad that we were able to keep you cool while visiting!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very clean and comfortable hotel close to I-35 and 121. Lots of restaurants and shopping near by. As a Hilton diamond member I am upgraded to a suite often but not every time. I use to float around to differernt hotels but the cleanliness of the rooms, the location and the excellent staff have me staying here exclusively when my travel brings me to our Denton offices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We chose this hotel through groupon, especially after seeing it had 4 1/2 stars on several reputable websites. It did not disappoint! Up-to-date rooms, an impressive lobby/breakfast area, a pool with a kids area (we have a 1-year-old and 3-year-old, so this was a BIG plus!). Hotel employees were very accommodating whenever we needed something. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about our stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The pool was fantastic - my kids had such a fun time playing with the pool toys. Everything exceeded my expectations, and please understand as a veteran customer service representative, I have very high expectations! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

And the stay was going so wonderfully too....

This property is on the outskirts of Lewisville near the Vista Ridge mall.

From the start on arrival, it has a water feature on the driveway, in the lobby and near the elevator, all of which were very artistic and relaxing.

Everything looked so new and nice, I asked when it was built and was shocked to hear 3 years ago!

I loved the reserved parking spaces for Diamond members!

They had me upgraded to a suite, which was spacious, comfortable, and featured a nice quiet location and huge comfortable bed.

The bathroom was a Hampton standard tub shower, but as water pressure was great and the shower curtain stayed put, it worked out fine. It always annoys me tho that shower curtains allow leaks on the bathroom floor, and this was no exception.

The breakfast was Hampton Inn standard, but always fresh and well cooked, which lent to additional happiness each morning for a start.

I was there during the awful heat of July, and running outside in 99 degree heat was horrid. Fortunately, the hotel interior was always cool in both hallways and rooms.

For my entire stay, I had nothing to complain about and loved the property overall...until that last morning.

I awoke and as usual turned on the over-sink light switch. The switch exploded. Many large snapping electrical sounds and then the light fixture over the sink went out. Very shaken, I tuned off the switch, and on the way out, reported this to the front desk staff. The lady taking the report was blasee about it, and I had to stress that I wanted a report on it being fixed. That evening, I had a message on my phone that it was fixed, but at no time did a manager or anyone apologize for the issue.

While this was truly an exception to an otherwise fantastic stay, I did not give a top mark overall because of the way the problem was handled in a casual fashion by the hotel. I expect when I am almost electrocuted to at least catch a manager's attention who explained what the problem was and how it was handled, not a brief phone message that "It was fixed"

Room Tip: Suites are best