“Customer service lacking..” 3 of 5 bubbles

TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
“Customer service lacking..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

The entrance into the hotel is lacking there is NO covered entrance. The room was clean extras not provided as requested. Housekeeping staff either does not understand English or does not speak well at all. Snacks at the on the go station way overpriced for a mid-priced hotel. Room was not cleaned we had to request extra towels. There is a strong need for improved customer service. Breakfast is provided nothing special to report. Beds are comfortable and room is tastefully decorated. May try another hotel next time. Overall, Marriott has yet to impress our socks off.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msbeckser
MagnoliaLodging, Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites in Lewisville. We appreciate your time and rely on guest feedback to gauge the level of experience we provide. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay, and have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping and hotel staff. Should your travels bring you back to the Lewisville area, please feel free to contact me if there is any way we can assist you with a future stay at the TownePlace Suites.

Jenny Hansen
Director of Marketing
Magnolia Lodging, LLC
jenny.hansen@magnolialodging.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I'm a platinum Marriott member and still love Marriott, But you should keep
looking past this location. After booking a reservation at this hotel, a week
later the rate had changed. I called the hotel and they said it would be changed
back and said sorry. I then got an email from their GM (Allie Giraldo) Who said
that she had nothing that said my rate was lower. I emailed her the confirmation
email and the copy I printed out after making the reservation and was told too
bad.
There are a lot of other places you can stay in the Dallas area that will not
change your reservation after booking. Again I have stayed at 100's of hotels
and this is the first time a hotel has changed the rate after making the
reservation. It was not a small rate increase either. From a resalable $60 a
night to an unreal $240. If I were you I would pick a different location that
your reservation is safe! Because had I not seen the change online I would have
shown up and had the change of rate. How would you like that surprise on check
in?

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank MMPPower
MagnoliaLodging, Owner at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with the Marriott TownePlace Suites in Lewisville.
After an investigation of your concerns, it appears there was some miscommunication and the hotel was not able to grant you a discounted rate over a high demand period such as the Super Bowl.
We value your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel the next time you find yourself in the Lewisville area. The Marriott TownePlace Suites Lewisville is a award-winning property based on guests experience regarding service and accommodations - we pride ourselves on offering outstanding accommodations and service, and are genuinely concerned when a guest’s experience is anything short of excellent. Please feel free to call on us if there is anything we can do to assist you with a future stay at the Marriott TownePlace Suites in Lewisville.

Jenny Hansen
Magnolia Lodging, LLC
jenny.hansen@magnolialodging.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

Priceline booked our room for $78, but this one is worth full price! The clerk was friendly. He even asked my 8 year old what floor we wanted! My son is alway thrilled to be as far up as possible. The room was clean and comfortable. The kitchen blew us away. I think it's bigger than our first apartment. We were only there for one night, but I think an extended stay would be quite comfortable. Also, if you're a golfer...Hank Haney's Golf Ranch is right across the highway.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

I stayed here just for a night with family which included 4 adults and an infant. They upgraded our room from a studio to a 2 bedroom suite since I was a platinum. This is a new hotel and the stay was pleasant. I was surprised that the breakfast had quite a good selection to choose from. Overall a great experience, much better than the expensive ones I have stayed with the marriott chain. Will surely visit again if I get a chance.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

My stay at the Marriott TownePlace Suites (Dallas) was just perfect. The hotel is brand new, modern and clean. Helpful staff....

The room.... it was huge...contained a very spacious bathroom and kitchen (large fridge, counter-top stove, dishwasher, coffee maker and a microwave) with granite counter tops. There was also a sitting area, with a sofa-bed and 2 seats, desk (FREE high speed internet access) and flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable and king-sized. The room was EXTREMELY clean and the hotel area seemed very safe.

The hotel offers free breakfast... I found that a good amount of quality was delivered for the price.

I would highly recommend this for business or leisure travel. Overall, it was an extremely pleasant experience. The TownePlace ROCKS!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank villald
Fountain Hills, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

We just returned from a 3 night stay and as indicated in previous reviews, this place is new and the decor is very trendy but comfortable. We had a King suite with sofabed, well appointed desk and fully equipped kitchen with all stainless appliances. We were able to get an unbelievable Senior rate through the Marriott website. This room was worth much more. The dining area was very large and clean with two computers available for guests.
We had one little glitch and the staff handled the problem in a timely manner and presented us a gift bag for our troubles. Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely return even knowing there were many other choices available in the same area.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irish4ever
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

I had a quick two night stay in the area, I was actually planning to stay in Denton where my meetings were at but I had such a bad experience in Denton last year that I decided to stay a little closer to Dallas. I am so glad I did!

First off, this hotel is brand new so everything is in perfect condition. The decor is also extremely modern and trendy, something that (pleasantly) surprised me. The staff was really nice and very helpful on places to go while I was out of my meetings-I ended up not even needing to go out to Dallas for fun.

I definitely would reccommend this hotel to anyone, I had a great time and plan on always using this one in the future or any other TownePlace Suites after this.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business