“Really nice extended stay hotel”

TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Dallas, TX
“Really nice extended stay hotel”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times and it is because it is nice, the rooms are big and it is clean. The location is great with a good distance to the airport and other areas in DFW. The wifi is free and there is laundry facilities onsite. The parking is free as well. There are a lot of restaurants to choose from in the area and in case you don't feel like going out, there are plenty of places that deliver. The front desk staff are always very friendly.
There are a couple computers where you can print your boarding passes or whatever else you wish.
The exercise room has a bit to be desired ( a little on the small side), but otherwise the property is great!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor, and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your comments to my staff, as I know they will appreciate your feedback.

It sounds like you were able to experience some of what the area around the hotel has to offer; we are fortunate to be located in an area with lots of shopping and dining, and just minutes away from DFW airport.

Thank you again, and my staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to the TownePlace Suites Dallas/Lewisville.

General Manager, TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dallas/Lewisville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Our family of four spent 2 nights here and paying a little extra for a 2 bedroom suite with 3 TV's was well worth the money. We enjoyed waffles shaped like the state of Texas for breakfast but that was the only hot food. Good selection of other things though. The heated pool was cold but it was warm outside so it was okay. Our only complaint was the traffic noise we could hear from the bedrooms. Also heard dogs barking in the middle of the night but this hotel allows pets. Room was very clean and modern. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you very much for the review, and my staff and I appreciate you and your family staying with us. Glad to hear the “Texas” waffles were a hit – while our Extended Continental Breakfast does not include a full menu of hot items, we do provide the waffles and hot oatmeal daily.

I am sorry to hear that traffic and pet noise was an issue during your stay. Should you ever have an issue with your room or noise, please contact me or a member of my staff and, if available, we will be happy to move you to an alternate room away from the road and/or guest rooms with pets.

Thank you again for your review, and should you return to the Lewisville area, we look forward to welcoming you back to the TownePlace Suites Dallas/Lewisville.

BRENTFORD
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I recently stayed at TownePlace Suites Lewisville for six nights while in Dallas for a leisure trip. Rooms are large, bright and colorful and there is sunny indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast. Quality of the food is good - no hot cooked options but bowls of freshly prepared fruit in the fridge are a nice touch. Buffet area is a bit small especially when the hotel is busy. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Vista Ridge Mall and a movie theater are five minutes walk away. There are lots of restaurants in the area - Logan's Roadhouse is near the hotel and popular with locals. The Park and Ride for the Green line into Dallas is a short drive away and gives a direct link to the State Fair of Texas (it takes an hour to get to Fair Park). Overall a good option for North West Dallas and for transport connections to the city.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are sunny and have views
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Thank you very much for the review – it sounds like you were able to take advantage of all our hotel, and the area, has to offer. I’m glad you enjoyed the fresh fruit during breakfast, and while we do not offer hot items such as eggs or breakfast meats, we do offer hot oatmeal and make-your-own waffles.

I’m especially glad to hear you took the new DART Green Line to Dallas – this line opened earlier this year and has made travel to and from the Denton and Dallas areas, and beyond, much cheaper and easier. We are thrilled that our guests can now travel downtown and back to Lewisville without having to gas up the car.

Thanks again for the review, and we hope to see you again at the TownePlace Suites Dallas/Lewisville.

Lubbock
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This hotel is the BEST! My family and I stayed here back in June. My daughter is in need of a kidney transplant. So we were here to start the process at the Baylor Medical Center of Dallas. I know it was a little far out but we were referred to this location by a friend. We stayed in a suite that had 2 bedrooms. This room was excellent and accomadated the 4 of us. It had everything we needed. The staff was so friendly especially Tim, Virginia, and Lisa. The housekeeping staff (especially Emma) was so nice she cleaned our room while we were here. She showed alot of compassion towards my daughter for she became ill while we were here. Besides the GREAT staff and beautiful hotel. I really like that there where so many place to eat around the hotel, a Wal-Mart close by :) and the mall! Great location!

Thank you TownePlace and keep up the good work. Don't change anything at your hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during what sounds like a difficult and stressful time for your family. I’ve let Tim, Virginia, Lisa and Emma – along with the rest of my staff – know you appreciated their efforts during your stay. We work hard to give our guests the best experience possible, and really value guest feedback.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, and should your travels bring you back to the area, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dallas/Lewisville.

Coppell, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2011

First of all, anyone that says this place is bad you are bad. The hotel is magnificent! I have been here for a month and while I am writing this I am living in the hotel. It is sad I am about to leave. I checked in around the 1st of August. I should be leaving around Mid- September. Let's talk about the staff. Everyone I met was helpful. The staff I met were Matt, Tim, Virginia, Sandy, and last but best Lisa. They did their best to help us. The rooms were very big and spacious. They came with a pretty big working desk. The kitchen had every thing I needed.(Except a grinder) The beds were comfy, but not that soft. House Keeping was great except they might forget a thing or two. Something good is that the hotel is pet friendly, but each pet is a cost of $100.00. The hotel also has a Non- Smoking inside policy. The hotel had a laundry room ($3.00), a swimming pool, a small fitness room (Opened 24/7), free breakfast, 2 PCs downstairs, free wi-fi, two tiny dog fields to take your dog out. and local calling is free. This hotel is a great place to stay. I really am telling you STAY HERE :).

Room Tip: Every Room is great to me!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Faywaiz
Many thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor – my staff and I really appreciate such positive feedback. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our hotel’s many amenities, and I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in offering our guests the best hotel experience possible and truly appreciate it when a guest lets us know we’ve exceeded their expectations.

I’ve forwarded your comments to my staff, in particular Matt, Tim, Virginia, Sandy and Lisa, as I know they will appreciate the kind words. Our long-term guests especially start to feel like part of the family, and we all appreciate you choosing our hotel for your extended stay in Lewisville.

Thanks again for your review – we’re so glad we were the ‘best hotel ever,’ and look forward to welcoming you back to the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dallas/Lewisville.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have stayed her twice now with family. As a Marriott Rewards customer I generally avoid what I perceive to be the lower end Marriott properties (i.e. TownePlace) but this property is 2 years old and is kept very clean. To travel with kids, it is wonderful to have two bedrooms and 3 TVs in a hotel room. Much better than a high end hotel with a small room, 2 beds and 1 TV. if you are travelling with family and staying in North Dallas, this hotel is an excellent option.

I do have to say though, I am VERY concerned about the review that states that they had a booked discounted rate that was not honored. When I saw the property response, I fully expected it to say that the guest who wrote the post was mistaken. However, it states that they can't honor discounted rates during high volume periods. That is a totally unacceptable response. If I have a confirmed rate, I expect it to be honored. I'm quite sure the property won't take anything off my bill during periods of low volume. While totally satisfied with my stay and the property, that post and management response does concern me. I never had any problems with my stays but if that is the way they address issues with reservations and your stay, that is of great concern. If not for that review and management response, would have given 5 stars.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites are well worth the price difference compared to standard rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kench
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. My staff and I are glad you enjoyed your visit, and appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Guest feedback allows us to gauge the level of service we provide, and explore opportunities for improvement.

I understand you are concerned with one of our responses to an earlier review. I am personally aware of the review and corresponding response in question; it was indeed a difficult situation and unfortunately, we were not able to resolve the issue to the guest's satisfaction. We make every effort to resolve any and all issues beyond our guests’ expectations, and strive to ensure all guests leave with the intent to return. I assure you all guest concerns are a top priority for me and my team.

I am pleased you enjoyed our award-winning hotel and service. I would like to reassure you that we are committed to every guest having an outstanding experience. I do hope you will return to our hotel should your travels bring you back to the Lewisville area.

Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I just recently stayed at this hotel on 06/09/11 and it was so superb. The minute I walked in here, LIsa at the front desk and other guests made me feel so welcomed and at home.
LIsa went out of her way to accommodate be with the best room possible for I have many allergies and she made sure that I was well taken care. of. The hotel and rooms are so beautiful and clean and I felt that it was a home away from home. I was in a king studio suite which had chairs, full size kitchen, chairs, sofa, desk and even a filing cabinet for your
business papers. Now how about that. They take really good care of you and the continental breakfast was very good. The staff and guests are overly friendly and this hotel is in a great location in that it is not far from the airport and down the road to the city of Frisco. Malls and eating places are all around you and it is a very safe place to stay both for young and old. The decor in the hotel is very contemporary and feel that it could
adapt to both old and young. There are granite countertops in the rooms and throughout the hotel, snack center in the lobby, very spacious rooms which smell good and are very clean. I would recommend this hotel over and over again to everyone who needed to stay in this area. The grounds are very nicely kept also with flowers and trees surrounding it.
I know I will be back and this place was so nicely built, designed and decorated by the developer who deserves an applaude. Thank you for providing such a beautiful hotel to Lewisville, Texas.

Room Tip: Studio suite is very spacious and unique in itsel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments – I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have forwarded your review to Lisa and the rest of my staff, as I know they will appreciate your feedback.

More than anything else, guest comments allow us to gauge the level of service we provide, and I so appreciate your taking the time to post a review. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the TownePlace Suites Dallas-Lewisville.

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dallas-Lewisville