“THIS PLACE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND EXTRAORDINARY AND I WILL BE BACK”

TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Lewisville, Texas
“THIS PLACE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND EXTRAORDINARY AND I WILL BE BACK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I just recently stayed at this hotel on 06/09/11 and it was so superb. The minute I walked in here, LIsa at the front desk and other guests made me feel so welcomed and at home.
LIsa went out of her way to accommodate be with the best room possible for I have many allergies and she made sure that I was well taken care. of. The hotel and rooms are so beautiful and clean and I felt that it was a home away from home. I was in a king studio suite which had chairs, full size kitchen, chairs, sofa, desk and even a filing cabinet for your
business papers. Now how about that. They take really good care of you and the continental breakfast was very good. The staff and guests are overly friendly and this hotel is in a great location in that it is not far from the airport and down the road to the city of Frisco. Malls and eating places are all around you and it is a very safe place to stay both for young and old. The decor in the hotel is very contemporary and feel that it could
adapt to both old and young. There are granite countertops in the rooms and throughout the hotel, snack center in the lobby, very spacious rooms which smell good and are very clean. I would recommend this hotel over and over again to everyone who needed to stay in this area. The grounds are very nicely kept also with flowers and trees surrounding it.
I know I will be back and this place was so nicely built, designed and decorated by the developer who deserves an applaude. Thank you for providing such a beautiful hotel to Lewisville, Texas.

Room Tip: Studio suite is very spacious and unique in itsel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments – I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have forwarded your review to Lisa and the rest of my staff, as I know they will appreciate your feedback.

More than anything else, guest comments allow us to gauge the level of service we provide, and I so appreciate your taking the time to post a review. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the TownePlace Suites Dallas-Lewisville.

Allie Giraldo
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dallas-Lewisville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Flandreau, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

Eleven of us stayed in this hotel. Some in single King rooms and some in double Queen rooms. The rooms were clean & odorless. The kitchenette appliances were clean. The cupboards were fully stocked with everything we could need for cooking/eating. There was even a dishwasher! They provided the dish soap & all the kitchen dishcloths & towels. The bathrooms were spacious. Complimentary lotion, soap, shampoo & conditioner were provided. Hair dryer was also provided. The beds were heavenly. The linens were soft & the pillows comfortable. The rooms were quiet. We never heard noises from any other room. There was more than enough storage for all of our belongings. The kleenex and toilet paper were soft and of quality. Seems like a simple amenity, but certainly made a big difference!
The complimentary breakfast was yummy & nutritious offering fresh fruit cups containing melons, blueberries, strawberries & pineapple. Yogurt, pastries, muffins, oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, cold cereal, bananas, apples, oranges and waffles were also available. Coffee/tea/hot chocolate were available around the clock.
The staff was consistently courteous & knowledgeable regarding directions to local attractions we inquired about.
Free wireless internet was available. My only disappointment was how slow the connection was.
We would definately stay here again & suggest it to others.
Karen Biggs, director of sales, was our contact person for booking our block of rooms and it was a joy to meet her in person after corresponding with her both via email & phone.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

Wow, I have to say, I was kind of blown away by the negative reviews here. My husband and I and 2 other couples booked rooms here for Super Bowl Weekend. We wanted to stay closer to the stadium, but could only get rooms here.

The hotel looks new. The room we had was very clean and had everything you might need. There was a full size refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, etc. The walls were painted lovely contemporary colors and the furniture was new and updated.

There was a free breakfast served in the morning from about 7:00 to 10:00 am. They had waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit. Lots of juice and coffee. It was nice. Not a full service breakfast, but a nice touch none the less.

The staff we encountered were all friendly and helpful. The hotel was full due to all the fans coming in for the Super Bowl but the staff seemed to keep up with the crowds and everything seemed to be going smoothly. Maybe the staff were on their best behaviour due to it being Super Bowl, but we had no bad experience here.

The only thing I would say was not too great was we only saw 2 computers (we didn't want to drag our laptops on the plane for this) and there were lots of people wanting to use the computers to print out directions, boarding passes, etc. They need more computers.

It is in a nice area of Lewisville, lots of restaurants and a nice looking mall right by it. Since we were there for the Super Bowl we didn't get to visit this mall, but it seems to be in a great location.

I don't understand these negative reviews unless we just really got lucky. I would very gladly stay there again and recommend it to anyone in the Lewisville area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
working, traveler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

We had a very bad experience at this hotel.
We checked in during the Xmas holidays for both business and pleasure, and as we checked in there were children in the lobby running and yelling, so we told the girl that checked us in "we don not want to stay near those children we are here for job interviews, and we do not need any distractions". She stated oh they are not normally like this. They are just excited because it's the Holidays. We check into our room on the 2nd floor, and there were toys scattered by our front door. My Husband said oh maybe they are some other children's toys, because we both stated "DO NOT PUT US BY THOSE SCREAMING CHILDREN". We moved our bags in, and went on our way. we got back late that night, and there were dogs YIPPING at that same door by the scattered toys. My husband and I turned on the TV to drown out the noise. and about 20 minutes later they had stopped. We walked out of the room for breakfast the next morning, and those kids were walking out of the yipping dog room, and the mother yells to her daughter "hold the elevator for me i will be right back", we walked into the elevator, and I told the young lady "I dont Think So. let go of the button and I will send it back up to you". We got to the breakfast room, and the woman that checked us in asked me is everything alright with your room, and I told her how she messed up, then she told me well we can move you to another room, oh now you want to move us to another room, after we already moved all of our baggage in.
The next day was alright but the staff is not very sufficient, I went down to the front lobby and told the attending lobby staff that I needed some light bulbs, and shamppo and conditioner. I walked in late that night, and my room was cleaned, but the request was denied. I had to go down and ask them why, and they apologized and sent someone up the very next day. I do'nt know who they thought they were messing with, but whether I like or dislike the places I have stayed at or visted I will post a comment.
Oh and as in the inter views ~ still waiting for a call back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank CnMTX
Fresno, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Stayed at this hotel with my basketball team and it was a great experience. The rooms were very spacious. The kids really enjoyed the computer center and the Market Center downtown. Each room was equiped with a full kitchen for extended travel as well as a laundry facility to wash team uniforms. There are plenty of eating placing within a mile from the hotel. The hotel is also pet friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

The entrance into the hotel is lacking there is NO covered entrance. The room was clean extras not provided as requested. Housekeeping staff either does not understand English or does not speak well at all. Snacks at the on the go station way overpriced for a mid-priced hotel. Room was not cleaned we had to request extra towels. There is a strong need for improved customer service. Breakfast is provided nothing special to report. Beds are comfortable and room is tastefully decorated. May try another hotel next time. Overall, Marriott has yet to impress our socks off.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msbeckser
MagnoliaLodging, Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites in Lewisville. We appreciate your time and rely on guest feedback to gauge the level of experience we provide. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay, and have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping and hotel staff. Should your travels bring you back to the Lewisville area, please feel free to contact me if there is any way we can assist you with a future stay at the TownePlace Suites.

Jenny Hansen
Director of Marketing
Magnolia Lodging, LLC
jenny.hansen@magnolialodging.com
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I'm a platinum Marriott member and still love Marriott, But you should keep
looking past this location. After booking a reservation at this hotel, a week
later the rate had changed. I called the hotel and they said it would be changed
back and said sorry. I then got an email from their GM (Allie Giraldo) Who said
that she had nothing that said my rate was lower. I emailed her the confirmation
email and the copy I printed out after making the reservation and was told too
bad.
There are a lot of other places you can stay in the Dallas area that will not
change your reservation after booking. Again I have stayed at 100's of hotels
and this is the first time a hotel has changed the rate after making the
reservation. It was not a small rate increase either. From a resalable $60 a
night to an unreal $240. If I were you I would pick a different location that
your reservation is safe! Because had I not seen the change online I would have
shown up and had the change of rate. How would you like that surprise on check
in?

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank MMPPower
MagnoliaLodging, Owner at TownePlace Suites Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with the Marriott TownePlace Suites in Lewisville.
After an investigation of your concerns, it appears there was some miscommunication and the hotel was not able to grant you a discounted rate over a high demand period such as the Super Bowl.
We value your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel the next time you find yourself in the Lewisville area. The Marriott TownePlace Suites Lewisville is a award-winning property based on guests experience regarding service and accommodations - we pride ourselves on offering outstanding accommodations and service, and are genuinely concerned when a guest’s experience is anything short of excellent. Please feel free to call on us if there is anything we can do to assist you with a future stay at the Marriott TownePlace Suites in Lewisville.

Jenny Hansen