“Large group wrecked our stay.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Lewisville
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before and it seems the facility has gone downhill in the last six months but the customer service has not! We stayed here for two weeks in June 2011. The room we stayed in had a musty smell, and the A/C was fickle. But the bed was comfortable, and housekeeping defiantly made sure our room stayed clean.

We stayed here when a VERY large group of little league teams had practically taken over the hotel! Our room was next to the pool and the group would not adhere to the restriction times on the pool, or stayed up late drinking and talking VERY LOUD on the porch. We came in later to breakfast one morning, and all the food was gone!! They had eaten it all and the hotel couldn't keep up with them. I am POSITIVE our stay would not have been such a disaster if they hadn't of been there.

They still offer dinner, and the menu is updated and nice. You won’t go hungry at breakfast, but you might want something different after a few days.

The staff at this hotel bend over backwards to be helpful, pleasant and accommodating. We would go back again, just to have the customer service they provide, but we will check to see if there is a large group like this one again.

I hope that Hilton will invest a little money into bringing up the facility, as the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2011

I had high hopes for this hotel after reading the reviews. Unfortunately, and despite the best efforts of the hotel staff, it failed to deliver.

Checked in early evening after a long day. Greeted in my room by a strong musty smell. Frozen A/C evaporator coil was causing water to leak through ceiling and onto carpet. (Apparently, this was due to recent A/C service performed by a third party) Staff was VERY accomodating and immediately moved me to a new room with apologies. So far, no worries.

New room: No leaky A/C or musty smell, but in BAD shape. Water damage, peeling wallpaper, dated carpet and curtains... See photos.

As a loyal HHonors member and frequent traveler, I can honestly say this 15+ year old hotel has NO business being a part of the Hilton family. If the company doesn't want to spend the money to keep up the property, they need to take their name off the sign. This property is a black eye on the Hilton name.

Hilton needs to count their blessings as the staff at this hotel is phenomenal and probably the only reason I didn't check out the same day I checked in. They are bending over backwards for their guests despite the obvious disadvantage of a neglected property.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jsf0003
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I normally stay with family when visiting my hometown, but this visit, I decided to stay at a hotel. The Homewood Suites exceeded my expectations! We loved it and will stay there again. The only complaints I had were that it seems that the place needs a deep cleaning or a fresh coat of paint, as our room had a funky smell, but we kept the window open and all was good. The room rate came with dinner four nights a week, which saved us $$$$....and we had no idea it came with beer and wine!!! Not that I drink, but still a pretty good deal. The suites are large and I like the fact that I had a door I could close off the the bedroom/bathroom area. The fireplace was nice too have as it got a little chilly in TX. I needed to have some things packed up while I was there and Management had no problems with me having the packing company coming in and doing that. Breakfast left a little more to be desired, but that can be changed and I think if I had left a comment card, which I should have (and everyone should have) it will change. Fab place to stay, great value for the money. If you need a place to stay for more than a week,, this is it!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I'll make this brief - perfect, pleasing, pleasant.
Great staff, rooms, amenities - dinner??? What a surprise! Stuffed bell pepper plus sides. Even renovations were not in the way. Every one very accommodating. I wish there were more of these. Our guys loved the BBall court. We could keep warmed up between games.

LOVED IT.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I spent 10 days at this hotel and it was a wonderful stay. The suites were nice, the beds were very comfortable and the hotel staff couldn't have been any better. The staff was friendly, accomadating and happy to make you feel at home for your entire stay. I will stay at this hotel everytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Friendly staff, lots of room, clean, good breakfast, great price for two bedroom. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2010

We arrived late,but this hotel accommodated my request for a top floor room, and gave us one of their largest suites at the front of the hotel. When we asked to be moved away form the front the next night, they let us see other rooms to choose from. When we discovered a faulty showwer head, and some loose carpet, they promptly fixed both. Although there is SOME wear to the place, the management was quick to address the issues we raised, and the room we ended up in was the quietest room we have ever slept in at a hotel. Service, location and room rated 5 stars!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple