“Still a Great Thanksgiving Stay!”

Residence Inn Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed December 4, 2010

We reprised our previous Thanksgiving stay this year and found the Residence Inn in Lewisville still excellent for our purposes. The staff is helpful, friendly and welcoming. We needed a battery in our smoke detector when we returned one night and it was replaced within 10 minutes. The housekeeping is absolutely first rate. The rooms are extremely well-equipped for a longer stay and the breakfast and "social hour" are quite good. We especially appreciate the changing menu of hot breakfast items day-to-day. In all, the place has become our home away from home when in the area for family events, Still recommended highly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 23, 2010

This hotel was much nicer than I expected. The rooms were very clean the breakfast was good. I would give it five stars for it's class, but the carpets were cleaned in our room halfway through my stay and stayed wet that day and damp the next. The indoor pool room was so hot that it was uncomfortable to stay in there and swim. Otherwise, this hotel was very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Stayed here just for night over a weekend. The checkin was very friendly and helpful as I arrived at the wrong RI, but decided to stay.

The place is in good condition, comfortable and roomy.

CRT type TVs, with a good selection of channels, including multiple HBOs. The internet access was good and free.

There was noise from the hallwasy & the next room at times (loud voices, bumbs on the wall... but not sure if this was the construction or just noisy people.

The included hot & cold breakfast buffet was good, including a pot of real oatmeal. The breakfast room is a bit small, so I can see it being a problem during the busier week day mornings.

A very good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for business and leisure purposes. It was a nice place. It is convienently located near Costco and other resturants. They have a gym that is nice. The staff has always been nice. They also have a nice breakfast that is cooked there. You can always see the kitchen staff cooking the eggs in the kitchen. It is close to Dallas area or if you are flying out of DFW its very close. It is also very quiet. We have stayed here many times because we like the convience of the area and the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank mljhnsn
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I stayed in this room for two weeks on business and will be staying again for another two weeks very soon. The place has nice comfy beds and real friendly staff. It also leaves alot to be desired. I had a room with a wonderful view of the parking lot which has to have the brightest lights over it that are made. No matter what I did with the drapes it looked like it was the middle of afternoon at my window. The building is stick build so it does not block much noise. In my stay I regularly heard the dog in the room next door, people coming and going, and the baby accross the hall crying. The tv is laughable, very small and poor picture quality that is in no way visible from the bed or the little uncomfortable living room set up without moving the wheeled tv stand around.( I have been traveling alot this year and have been spoiled by the hyatts and hiltons with the 42" plasma screens) The rooms just have a very old well worn feel to them. I personally expect a bit more for an extended stay at this price point. The "workout center" would work, I guess, as it had a bit higher quality equipment than you typically find in hotels, but there is a very nice gym accross the street from the hotel. The pool was also laughable as it was about as big as most hotel hot tubs. The breakfast was good and they also have a drinks/appetizer hour every night that is a very nice gesture. The staff was very friendly and professional. The internet speed is TERRIBLE! With how cheap bandwidth and routers are now there is no excuse for slow connections. And their little "business office" computer is a joke. I needed to print some stuff for expense reports and nearly gave up becuase the computer and connection were so painfully slow. In my two week stay I killed at least 10 BIG grasshoppers/crickets and 2 or 3 salamanders which isn't out of the ordinary for down south but worth mentioning. I think this place has potential but is in serious need of a remodel and modernizing. I would personally not stay here again if I had the choice and it was on my dime. It's in a good area with lot's of shopping and plenty of dining nearby.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank kawisixer01
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Comfy bed and clean room. Breakfast was always set out earlier than was planned with a much larger variety of choices, from oatmeal to eggs & sausage, than was expected. Staff was more than helpful in answering questions and fulfilling my needs. Mall located directly behind the hotel and Costco within 1/4 mile made helping my daughter set up her apartment very convenient. I don't have to worry about where to stay when we return for her graduation in May!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank hildaclimb
Reviewed May 10, 2008

We stayed here while spending Thanksgiving with family in Dallas area. The hotel was wonderful. Clean, roomy, quiet and pretty much all you could ask for. The staff were terrific and extremely helpful. Finding this kind of welcome over a busy holiday weekend is unusual in our experience. We actually looked forward to returning to our room each night after the family chaos! In all, the hotel made a nice family weekend even better. Highly recommend this one!

Stayed: October 2007