“A Thanksgiving Bonus”

Residence Inn Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed May 10, 2008

We stayed here while spending Thanksgiving with family in Dallas area. The hotel was wonderful. Clean, roomy, quiet and pretty much all you could ask for. The staff were terrific and extremely helpful. Finding this kind of welcome over a busy holiday weekend is unusual in our experience. We actually looked forward to returning to our room each night after the family chaos! In all, the hotel made a nice family weekend even better. Highly recommend this one!

Stayed: October 2007

Reviewed April 9, 2008

Let me preface by saying that I RARELY (if ever) give a 5 star rating to a hotel. So, for me to give a 5 star is really saying something.

I had to stay at the Residence Inn Lewsivile while my house was having construction done on it. We stayed there for 1 business week.

When I arrived to check-in there was a large party of about 10 women checking into separate rooms. There were 2 ladies rapidly checking people in. When they saw I was in a separate party, they immediately called me over to check in.

My room was available and I pleasantly found a clean, fresh-smelling room on the 2nd floor. We got a 1 bedroom suite where the bedroom is off separately from the main living/kitchen area. Just as noted in my Marriott profile, I had extra pillows and towels waiting in my room. About 10 minutes after I arrived in my room I received a call from the front desk asking if everything was ok and advised me to call for anything I needed.

There were nightly receptions from 5-7 where refreshments and drinks were provided (beer and wine as well as a 24 hour coffee bar). At night there were fresh-baked cookies.

The hotel service is what put it over the edge for me. If anyone has read my reviews before, you know that I am a stickler for cleanliness. It was so clean inside the room, outside the hotel and in the main areas. Even my linens in my room smelled fresh and new. I almost thought I wasn't even staying at a hotel.

I will absolutely stay here again.

The only complaint that I have....and I find this at ALL Residence Inn locations -- there was no dresser with drawers so that I could put my clothes in. However, this is not the fault of this particular location as I find this problem with all RI chain locations.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed January 19, 2008

Residence Inns are pretty consistent across the country, but this one seems to have a cleaner feel than others. Friendly staff at the front desk, rooms are very clean, building is well constructed - you won't hear "lead foots" in the floor above you. The breakfast is well stocked and you can't beat the convenience of that in the morning. I've stayed here before and come back due to the consistent experience. There are fancier places around Frisco and Plano, but why drive the extra miles. I do wish the Residence Inns would consider modernizing the rooms to some degree - upgrade the furniture style and get some flat panel TVs. They'll get some competition with the new Hilton Garden Inn that just opened up around the corner. A colleague raved and said it was nicer than the Residence Inn. This hotel is very convenient to several restaurants and a mall is right across the parking lot. Not a great mall, the one in Frisco is better, but convenient.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Superb stay - everyone was very friendly, the facility was clean & the housekeepers excellent. Not to mention the location - on the mall property & within 15-20 mins of Lovefield & DFW. Will stay again & look forward to it!

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed October 10, 2006

Regardless of damage to room, the lowest rate is $250,--I think it needs to be based on what the damage is. I was ironing on the rickety ironing board trying to be very careful and the iron fell off as I was turning my blouse. You might know it fell flat down on the carpet. I picked up the iron quickly and it did leave a mark, but we brushed the carpet up and it did not show too much. We feel sure the manager will not fix it. We were talking at breakfast and the couple across the hall was there also, and picked up on this and said they , too, were being charged $250 for a damage to their room they felt they did not do. We got the impression from the front desk that this happens quite often. BEWARE!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Disappointedone
Reviewed August 17, 2006

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Lewisville, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. The Inn is in excellent condition and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. There is a small indoor pool, spa and exercise room. Most of the rooms are suites but I booked a studio which was almost as large as a suite but had only one room. The bed had a pillow top and was very comfortable. There was a great work desk, living room area, and spacious bath area. The Residence Inn has kitchens with a microwave, stove and over, refrigerator and all the utensils you would need. They have free wireless internet connections in the room with an excellent signal. For the included breakfast they have fruit, juices, doughnuts, bagels, toast, coffee, eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes and a waffle maker. In the evening there is a "manager's reception" with a "light supper." I ate there twice and had lasagna with garlic bread one night and Mexican food the second night which were both excellent. A red and white wine as well as a type of beer were also offered with coffee and iced tea. It is short walking distance to Macaroni Grill, TGI Fridays, Red Lobster and Logan's Grill. Another short walk away is the Vista Ridge Mall. All the staff including the front desk staff and the food area staff were very friendly and helpful. I won't hesitate to stay there again when business takes me to Lewisville.

2  Thank CVDesertNurse
Reviewed July 21, 2006

This is the third hotel I've stayed at in in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area town of Lewisville, TX. It far surpasses both Courtyard by Marriott (which is nearby) and Best Western, about 2 miles away. The one bedroom suite had a separate bedroom separated by fully closing doors (not a slight partition as in some suite properties), and the bed was quality with a featherbed topper. Living area was a sofa sleeper, lounge chair,TV, end tables and kitchen table with full kitchen.

Complimentary breakfast was better than most. Eggs, sausage and biscuits, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, bagels, cereals, pastry and make-your-own waffles. There is free 24 hour coffee and tea in the lobby as well as ice water. No restaurant, but there is an assortment of pay snacks near the front desk (microwave items and the usual candy and salty snacks.)

There is a free dinner item Monday-Thursday. The entree is something such as a Taco Salad Bar or make your own sandwich.

There is an indoor pool and a Jacuzzi.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GraceSF