“Suprisingly Decent”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Levelland
Midland, TX
“Suprisingly Decent”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I travel often to Levelland for business and have stayed several times at the Holiday Inn Express over the summer of 2012. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. The room was nice and clean, too. My only complaint would be the cleanliness of the elevators. However, one of the times when I was there, there were also many little kids wondering the halls and playing in the elevators which makes me thinks the mess was from them. Otherwise, very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AmyD983
JHolemanExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Levelland, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you, Amy D, for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. It's always a pleasure to hear from our guests, and a great review is even more fantastic! Our team is glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for bringing the elevator cleanliness to our attention. Knowing exactly what to work on from the horse's mouth, as it goes, is invaluable and I can't thank you enough for your honesty. The housekeeping department will be on top of the elevators from this point forward, and we have decided to retile the elevator for much the same reason. Thank you again for your review!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cortez, Colorado, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Holiday Inn Levelland is a nice place to stay. I think it may be the hub for travelling sports teams as both weekends I stayed the motel was noisy with teenagers and kids running about. The motel is really clean and all the amenities are up to standard.

The property is clean, with a few weeds that could use pulling and small amounts of trash in the corners where the wind blows.

Free beer and free dinner for guests on Wednesday nights.

Its worth staying here, a little piece of heaven in a small town.

Room Tip: Try the steak house out front, great food and great prices and service is fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, Casey W, for taking your valuable time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I see you have reviewed many properties and we are honored that you shared your insights with us and other travelers. We do, as you assumed, caterer to youth teams from time-to-time for sports such as baseball and basketball, and we love how well-behaved and well-mannered these teams have been. In regards to the weeds, we are proud to be working with a local landscaping company this summer to completely overhaul our landscaping to make it more drought-resistant; I can't wait for it to be complete! And I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our Wednesday night Manager's Reception. Many of our guests are here again and again and it's a wonderful way for us to get to know everyone. Thanks again for your time!!
Stillwater
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The three people I dealt with were all very friendly and very helpful. I needed help in figuring out the cooling system and two people came to help me. I appreciated that because it proved they were thinking of safety for me and themselves by sending two people - one male and one female. They both were very kind and helpful. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. One of the girls working the night shift was so helpful and knowledgeable with such good customer service skills that I assumed she had been there awhile. I learned that it was her FIRST day to work there. She is definitely a keeper. It was a very pleasant stay and I will stay there again on my next trip to Levelland.

Room Tip: I didn't rate the restaurant or room service because I didn't use either of them. But I'...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you, Susan G, for your words of praise for our hotel’s employees for other travelers to see! We work very hard as a team to make sure each guest’s visit is a positive experience, and the most basic detail, customer service, is one of the hardest-won accomplishments. It’s a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!!
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Slightly above average Holiday Inn Express. Close to good restaurant (in front of hotel), Walmart, etc. on east side of town.
Very nice large rooms, good internet, cable, breakfast. Micro and fridge new and large, clean rooms, courteous staff, etc. Overall a very good stay (my second).
My only complaint is the low water pressure, which may be a city issue, not the hotels.
Recommended, including the restaurant (best in town, though not saying a lot).

Room Tip: ask for expedia or other rate, they'll usually match it
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
JHolemanExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Levelland, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Thank you, LoboTX, for your review! We are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guests, and positive feedback is even more exciting. We strive to be a warm, friendly home-away-from home to our many travelers visiting Levelland for South Plains College, sporting events, business, and the brand new Mallet Event Center. The staff and I look forward to your third visit!!
In response to your concerns about the low water pressure: there do seem to be a few rooms in the hotel on the east side that experience lower water pressure from time-to-time. Because it is not a constant complaint, I cannot tell if the issue is relative to each guest or if the water pressure varies from day-to-day (from the city, as you mentioned). However, I would like to suggest you ask for a room on the west side of the building as these rooms are closer to the water source. I do hope you try us again and find a much better experience.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I had a meeting the next day near there and did not want to drive from LBB. I stay here before a few years back and it is starting to show its age.
Service: Friendly and helpful. The lady told me that I was automatically upgraded to a suite cause of my gold status.
Room: The room was typical holiday inn style.
Pros: Internet worked well, Mini fridge, Microwave, paper plate/silverware and shower pressure.
Cons: TV was old and most channel I watch had bad reception, breakfast was just ok and no express checkout in the morning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NeroFlash
Thank you, NeroFlash, for reviewing our hotel! It is always a treat to receive positive and constructive feedback from our valued guests. Our hotel is only as good as seen through our guests' eyes, and I apppreciate your time and thoughtfulness.
While every geust is important, we do value our Priority Club Members in Levelland; thank you for your continued loyalty. PC Members not only earn points for free hotel nights, airline miles, and gift certificates to hundreds of vendors worldwide, but also receive recognition for their loyalty, complimentary weekday newspapers, late check-outs (until 2:00pm), and Express Check-in and Check-out. I apologize that you did not receive your Express check-out; it is a program we participate in and may have missed your room during your stay. I do apologize for this. Also, I am excited to announce that we will be replacing all our TVs this year with flat-screen HD TVs in every room. I do apologize that you were unable to enjoy all your favorite channels while in Levelland. We have a great cable provider that furnishes us with over 70 channels and when we have had issues in the past, we simply give them a call and the problems are resolved very quickly. I cannot tell from your post if you contacted the Front Desk for assistance, but I encourage any guest to call the Front Desk with ANY issue (that's what they're there for). And lastly, I will say that our breakfast is always a focus for not only our guests, but our management team. We work hard to take your suggestions and provide better service and product. We have recently switched food service providers in the hopes that working with different products (while staying within the strict IHG guidlines) will be beneficial to our guests. Since the switch in June/July 2011, we are receiving more positive feedback from guests and I hope you will agree.
Again, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, will take your concerns seriously, and we will work hard to become a better hotel for you and other guests.
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed October 25, 2007

I loved this property. It was small and personable, with nicely appointed rooms. I got a room with 2 queen beds, which had very nice sheets, lots of firm pillows and a nice comforter. The rooms come equipped with a coffee maker, iron & board, & microwave oven. Our large 3rd floor room had a view looking across a field of maize (looks like corn) towards the Texas farmlands and big skies.
The washer & dryer for guest use are free of charge, which is a real help to travelers on a tight budget. The complimentary breakfast was well-serviced, and included warm cinnamon rolls, cereals, breads, eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt and plenty of coffee, tea and juices.
I thought the staff of the hotel were exceptionally friendly with every encounter, including the desk staff, housekeeping and the breakfast attendants.
As another reviewer points out, the way to turn the shower on is to pull out the little ring at the bottom of the tub faucet....quite tricky until you do it the first time and see how it works. Also -- there really are some black-out curtains on the window, but they are INSIDE the sheers, closest to the window, and it is easy to miss them. I spent 4 days here with just the sheers covering the window, thinking there were no drapes.
I would definitely return to this property at any time.

• Liked — The friendly staff -- front desk, housekeeping and breakfast room
  • Disliked — Low flow toilets
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Buda, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We stayed here because we were moving our son up to college. Everyone else was there for the same reason which explains the lack of parking. Probably double the amount of vehicles they normally have assuming a car for parents and a car for the student.
Pros - Very good front desk staff particularly the guy the morning of 8/21. Pretty decent continental breakfast.
Cons - Aforementioned parking but probably doesn't happen very often. No WiFi as advertised. It seems if you advertise WiFi you should have an IT guy on call 24 / 7. And lose the stinkin' thermostat that freezes up if you set it below 70. Some of us like to sleep cooler than others. I actually slept with MAYBE a sheet - if that - all night. When I could sleep. The unit kept turning on and off. I was awake when it was off because it was just too warm. And just an FYI - the shower diverter is UNDERNEATH the faucet.

• Liked — Front desk staff
  • Disliked — Thermostat, no WiFi
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Buzz78610
Also consider these accommodations in or near Levelland
Best Western Littlefield Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 68 in Lubbock
My Place Hotel - Lubbock, TX
Holiday Inn Express Suites Wolfforth
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West
Best Western South Plains Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Levelland? Share your experiences!