“Pricey, overstated as a waterpark”

Volente BeachWater Park
Ranked #6 of 12 things to do in Leander
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The only reason they get a "2" is because our 9 & 10 yr old girls enjoyed themselves on the 1 slide they liked. So for $20 per person, and no access to the beach, and 1 enjoyable slide, it's a rip-off! Would not recommend...even for young kids.

4  Thank AthenaP1

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Don't bother going. They have 2 watersides and then a raft sidewinder. And they have a shallow part of the pool for kids.

Luckily we didn't pay full price we had a living social coupon. But we were there for 4 hours and the kids liked it. It's just not worth the money.

2  Thank starwarsmamma
Reviewed August 17, 2012

After getting a 50% off admission deal to Volente Beach, I decided to finally check this place out with my 6 year old. Thankfully, we did not pay full price admission for this. It was pretty small and looked a bit outdated. There was only one place, Lazy Lagoon, that my son could really play in. He was too big for the pirate ship and the other 3 slides were for the bigger kids and too scary for him. And that was it so it's definitely not worth the money or the drive. $5 for parking too. There was shade and plenty of picnic tables, but it's overpriced and it wasn't quite exactly a waterpark that I'm used to. I'd suggest Rock n River in Round Rock, that is much cheaper and cleaner as well.

2  Thank sharon_w50
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I take my nieces here every year to enjoy this relaxing low-key water park. The water slides are fun and there is plenty of picnic tables and pool areas. There is pool and sand volleyball set up and there is also a nice gated kiddy-pool area too. The park has a bar for the adults and I think they serve food. We like to bring a picnic with drinks and snacks for the day.

Suggestions: The tarps at the tops of the water slides need to be replaced... they are torn up and no longer functional. A little overall paint and maintenance would really help refreshen the park.

1  Thank JBloomin
Reviewed July 22, 2012

we never went back after our whole church's youth and little kids group picked up some awful stomach virus bc of dirty water/infected poop found in the water left by a dirty diaper =(

3  Thank livelovex7