“Favorite Place!”
Review of Frio Pecan Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leakey
Frio Pecan Farm
Ranked #2 of 2 Leakey B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been lots of places and find this one to be one that I return to often! It is beautiful, a working pecan farm with log cabins and houses. They range from 2 BDRM cabins to massive 4 BDRM homes with pools and spas. All of them are super nice, very clean, and conducive to relaxation. It has Wifi but, I like to unplug when I go there anyway. It is exactly a mile around the farm's orchard, so lots of people take advantage of this for jogging, walking, strolling, bike riding and golf carting. Swimming down at the Frio River is among the best recreational rivers in Texas. There is a Panjo's pizza on the premises that serves great pizza, wings, hamburgers, salads and a range of domestic and international beers. The only drawback to this place is that when I'm there, I never want to leave! Love, Love, Love it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank JCntex

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Third year we have stayed here, and second year we have rented one of the houses. The houses are very well appointed with big kitchens and eating areas. Each bedroom has its own bathroom so you don't have to share. Beautiful quiet pecan grove with loads of deer on the frio river. A great place for a family or a group. The house we rented this year had a very nice pool and gathering area, fire pit, grill and exterior bathroom. You could watch the deer every morning and evening. Thy also have two bedroom cabins with kitchenettes. I would recommend this to anyone planning to stay in the area. They are motorcycle friendly also.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mickey A
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I have to say we don't normally wing it, but today we decided to just ask locals (@ Lost Maples Store) for advice. Exceptional value for a last minute booking $135/nt, and we found a serene Texas Hill Country cabin. There are several hidden wineries in this area too. There is a restaurant on premises (Fair- quality... Will explore other options for food tomorrow); they have great sweet tea. They also serve beer. There is a beautiful wedding Chapel here as well. It's a bit dry for this spring, but we are right on the river. The lady in the office is attentive and polite. The grounds and cabin are spectacular. I'm pretty picking when it comes to cleanliness, and this cabin is clean! The refrigerator and tub are out dated, but not when compared to other cabins I've stayed in. However, they are both clean. Roomy, comfortable, and wifi accessible on the entire grounds ( for those who do need it). We will be back. Feels private. Nice quite porch and private picnic tables with our own grill just off out porch.

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank haskellsgal
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Really nice log cabins, went with 4 families. It was March during the time. The only thing I didn't like was the internet.If I was gaming, it would always disconnect me between the match and was really annoying. Otherwise, really nice place to stay. I saw lots of deers. AWESOME

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Frio Pecan Farm this past July, and had a wonderful time! The Pecan Farm features these two-room cabins that are just awesome. They are a bit rustic on the outside, but have a full modern kitchen. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom. They also have some larger houses to rent, and they looked really nice on the outside, but I never got to see the inside. Best part is sitting on the back porch in the late afternoon or early morning and watching the herd of deer that live there. They will come up very close, and in some cases could be coaxed into taking food from your hand - although I don't think that's necessarily approved. Behind the owner's home is the Pecan Farm's own "water hole" on the Frio. We put chairs in the water and pretty much relaxed and drank beer (a favorite past time at the Frio!). It features a 12' deep hole with a rope swing and a 20'+ high cliff to jump off of. The water is spring fed, so it's cool, and was extremely relaxing. There's a Panjo's pizza restaurant on the Pecan Farm as well that had recently opened. Great food, and atmosphere!

Room Tip: Bring your own beach/river chairs. When the Frio is low (which is often), tubing down the river is...