“Good place to eat in Leakey”
Review of Mill Creek Cafe

Mill Creek Cafe
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Leakey
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Big menu with lots of choices, nice salad bar, good clean family place. Amazingly, they did a great job on a wide variety of choices in our group. This is a good place to eat dinner and is reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to eat after camping at garner state park. It was 2 when we walked in on a Monday. We waiting for about 15 minutes before a waitress finally waited on us. We asked about the buffet and she said there was chicken fried steak, steak fingers, chicken strips ect... She said it's $9.99. We decided to order that. Sounded good. We waited for our drinks then went to get our food. Well there wasn't much food. I was able to get one steak finger and my husband and son also got one. The sides were all gone. We sat down and started to eat what we had gotten. Finally the waitress came by. We asked when they were gonna put fresh food on the buffet. She said they weren't. It closed at 2! (Very rudely too!) I asked why she let us order it if it was closed and stated that there wasn't enough food on there to fill us up. She said there was nothing she could do and walked off. I was livid. She never came back to help us out refill our drinks. When I went to pay I asked for a manager. She yelled rudely that she was the manager! She continued to yell. I simply wanted to know why she would let us order it if it was over at 2. There were no signs with the time posted.

1  Thank Jennifer E
Reviewed March 6, 2014

On Friday they have fried catfish. It melts in your mouth. It is so hot and fresh and crispy. They have TONS of side items so you leave stuffed! Just good ole country cookin!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The variety of the menu items makes it assured that you can find something for everyone in your group. The salad bar is great and fresh. Plan on being there for Friday night All You Can Eat Catfish.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We visited Mill Creek Cafe for breakfast. Quite possibly the best omelete I have eaten. Certainly in recent memory anyway. The spicy sausage on the side was outstanding. Friendly, Texas hospitality is abundant at this restaurant.