“Won't be back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leakey
Cypress Frio Waters
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The setting and cabin was ok compared to other cabins we have stayed in for the price but we had a problem with that contraption you call a sofabed to sleep on in the living room. The mattress was only about 3 inches thick and the springs came through it. We did put the foam pad you had there on it but it did not cover the whole bed and the bed sank in the middle. It was the most uncomfortable night sleep I ever had travelling. You said you didn't have a TV to complete the tranquil setting but there was a party going on all night in a cabin close to us. Use the money you save on TVs and get a new sofa bed or mattress. I don't know how you cannot feel guilty taking people's hard earned money and expect them to sleep on that contraption. We were with another couple and there was only one bed in the bedroom where our friends slept so we had to use the sofa.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Theresa A, Owner at Cypress Frio Waters, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

I am truly sorry your experience with us was a bad one. Since your visit, we have replaced all of the fold out sofas with new futons that have an 11 inch mattress. I wasn't aware there was a party all night long at the cabins. I would have stopped the noise if I had known. I am sorry. In regards to taking your hard earn money... I will be glad to give you a refund. All you have to do is call me. Again, I am sorry and hope you give us another chance sometimes. The best to you and take care.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is our second time to come to Cypress Frio Waters, and we loved it again. We have three kids, 8, 4 and 19 mos, and it is perfect for us. Quiet, relaxing, with the beautiful (cold!) Frio right there, it is our favorite place to get away for family time. My big kids love to go out and play the yard games right behind the cabin and swim in the river. Because there are deep pools and shallow places in the river too, our toddler can get in and have a blast as well. Plus the kayak we rented was a hit - paddling a "real" boat is great fun. We had a great time, thanks so much Theresa and David!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mommyteacher
Theresa A, Owner at Cypress Frio Waters, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

So glad to see you again! I am glad your family had a good time. We appreciate those who choose to come back time again. It gives David and I a chance to know you a little better each time. We always enjoy hearing the kids have fun...the happy laughter and shrill screams of joy. It is a lot of fun for us as well. You take care and we hope to see you again soon. We are open all year round and the cypress trees are beautiful when they start to turn in the fall. Take care!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We did not know what to expect because as a family we never stayed at a cabin. When we arrived we were very happy with their property and the layout of the cabins vicinity to the Frio River. We wanted rest, relaxation and to enjoy ourselves outside and that's exactly what we did. We loved the great breeze that was there the 2 days making it feel more like the 80's sitting on the covered back porch of our cabin and was peaceful, quite even though it was over 100 degrees on the 2 day stay. The part of the river that runs through the property was as described; clean, clear to the bottom and cold just like the name "Frio". I wish we had more time to enjoy the whole property. Very happy with our bedding and the accommodations in our cabin. We have 2 children 6 & 8 and they had a great time. We don't know when we can get back but will do it again. Theresa and David the Owners were very nice and they deserve to have has many people as possible stay and enjoy their great place. if your reading this I hope you decide to go. PS: they said to try vacationing in the fall when the leaves are turning, I'm sure its beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Carlos L
Theresa A, Owner at Cypress Frio Waters, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

I am thrilled the whole family had a good time! IT is HOT HOT HOT right now, but thank goodness for the Frio River! Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate that you took the time to express your sentiments about our place. Please try to come back soon. Take care!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is the second year in a row that we come to this place (family and I). what can I say, its awesome! Theresa and David (owners) are very friendly people and make it a place I look forward to visiting every summer. The river is nice and deep in several places with great visibility making it a snorkeling heaven. The cabins are very well kept and clean, very comfortable. I highly recommend this exclusive place to people who like nice quiet privacy in nature at its fullest.

Carlos Guerra
Laredo, Tx.

2  Thank Carlos G
Theresa A, Owner at Cypress Frio Waters, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Well thank you for your response. We sure loved having you and your family again. It is always a welcome sight to see our repeat customers who become part of our growing family. Come see us in the fall the cypress trees are beautiful when they change colors. Take Care!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My little family of 3 kids ( 12,6, and 4), hubby and myself took our first trip to the Frio river this past July and chose this wonderful place to stay in. From the moment I called to ask for details and more info, to the time we checked out, I did not find anything unpleasant about this place. Theresa and David were both very accommodating and just had really warm personalities that made you feel like you are part of their family. The cabin we stayed at was very clean, the beds were so comfortable, the ac was great and the complete kitchen was more than we can ask for. There was plenty to do at the resort as well, fishing, wading, hiking, exploring the river, swimming, volleyball, tether ball, and all though we did not use it, kayaks and tubes were also available for rent.The location was awesome as well, close to everything but far away from any crowds. Some days we cooked, other days we ate out, either ways, we were close to the grocery store and restaurants.
We plan to go back next year and we will stay at Cypress Frio Waters again only this time we will stay longer!

2  Thank MrsM512

You were so kind to take the time to write about us. I would like to say Thank You for choosing us. Your kids were so sweet... We are glad you had a good time and please come see us again really soon. Take care! Brandy and Daisy Mae (our dogs) say Hi!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had 10 people in our group and stayed 4 days. No complaints from anyone. Having no TV,s to distract from all the surroundings was a very NICE change of pace. The location was great. There are plenty of day trips to do when your not in the river. The Devils Sinkhole is a cool trip. Ms. Tooter who drives the tour bus is a character.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bastrop87
Theresa A, Owner at Cypress Frio Waters, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

It is always a pleasure to see the relax faces as we say our goodbyes! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again really soon. Take Care!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We Stayed for a long weekend with a very large group and it was awesome! The cabins were beautiful, and the view was gorgeous! We were never bored because there were always activities to keep us busy. It was a great experience and we hope to return soon!

1  Thank Angela T
Theresa A, Owner at Cypress Frio Waters, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here. We really enjoyed your group! Come back and see us soon. Take care!

Been to Cypress Frio Waters? Share your experiences!